The big thread of things that are wrong

Report bugs and errors found in the game.
Demolition

Re: The big thread of things that are wrong

Post by Demolition »

piggycape wrote:118 ZakuAce -2064 Destroyed

as a repper again :P
Reppers always could attack with the free and triple attack pick-ups piggy.

Although I might suggest in the case of reppers they should instead be free rep and triple rep on friendlies
EyeContact

Post by EyeContact »

I've been playing mainly with my iPhone and there are a couple of issues, as you can see in the image below.

1. Position: fixed
This isn't supported properly in mobile Safari. When zooming in on the page the footer doesn't automatically move to the bottom, which is a problem because then it floats over relevant content elements. You should be able to fix it with a little JS though.

Code: Select all

window.onscroll = function() {
  document.getElementById('fixedDiv').style.top =
     (window.pageYOffset + window.innerHeight - 25) + 'px';
};
2. Scrollable divs with overflow: auto
Mobile Safari disables scrolling on all elements except for the page. I'm not sure if this will be an easy fix but it's really annoying because it's impossible to see more than the last 8 messages and only 7 text lines per message. Also the Legion News is limited to like 6 lines.
Have a look at http://cubiq.org/iscroll-4 that should also work for Android.

Edit: Just realized that for point 2 a much easier solution could be to remove the height of those divs for mobile browsers. The divs will get the height of the content, so the page will get long but scrolling down is easy.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Cheers, nice bug report. Think cal knows a way you can scroll comms / LN. I don't have an iphone myself but think it was press element with one finger and scroll with the other. I use android and it works better on that - any divs expand rather than scroll so you can see everything just comm list can be a bit big sometimes.

On the footer, this should be fixed in IOS5. Having never owned an iphone before, is that something everyone can upgrade to or will it just be new iphones? I'll put a workaround in today or tomorrow - thanks for the JS solution.

Also, there's a mobile version being developed which will hopefully work better. Speaking of which, some bugs for that:

Can't load fresh data - all data appears to be loaded in one giant page on logon.
Clicking second page of friendlies takes you back to the main page. Clicking friendlies again loads a non existant page /mobile//mobile/game.php
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Squadron: Bor Krillers
Leader: ANThology

He died and is a bor now, yet still leads a kril squadron. Odd? :)

Btw, the squadron name adds soo much irony since he came back as a bor.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Should resolve EOT but will add some code to fix on change of legion going forward.
iceblink

Post by iceblink »

ecvej wrote:On the footer, this should be fixed in IOS5. Having never owned an iphone before, is that something everyone can upgrade to or will it just be new iphones? I'll put a workaround in today or tomorrow - thanks for the JS solution.
Not everyone; the old models will not be able to use it, only 3GS and higher.
So not the original "iPhone" and the 3G.
Seraphim

Post by Seraphim »

Just a question... How did you take a screenshot with your phone?
calundra

Post by calundra »

Seraphim wrote:Just a question... How did you take a screenshot with your phone?
On an iPhone you can take a screenshot by pushing both the home button and the power button at the same time.
calundra

Post by calundra »

EyeContact wrote:I've been playing mainly with my iPhone
I've been playing about 20% of my turns from my iPhone too. 8-)
EyeContact wrote: 2. Scrollable divs with overflow: auto
Mobile Safari disables scrolling on all elements except for the page. I'm not sure if this will be an easy fix but it's really annoying because it's impossible to see more than the last 8 messages and only 7 text lines per message. Also the Legion News is limited to like 6 lines.
Have a look at http://cubiq.org/iscroll-4 that should also work for Android.
Mobile safari doesn't disable scrolling on all elements except the page, it just requires a different scrolling gesture. In the beta before this one I discovered that you can scroll both comms and legion news by putting 2 fingers on relevant part of the screen and dragging. Everyone using an apple device on my legion that game reported that this worked very well. I did tell a few people about this in Tara's and people on my legion this game too. I thought I had reached almost everyone, obviously I hadn't. Some people did have trouble understanding what I was describing so if it doesn't work for you I'll try to explain it again.
iceblink

Post by iceblink »

Seraphim wrote:Just a question... How did you take a screenshot with your phone?
Standard answer would be "there's an app for that!" :P