Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

General forum for chat and banter.
Fwiffo

Re: Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

Post by Fwiffo »

Demolition wrote:
Fwiffo wrote:I don't think there needs to be incentive for repping the planet, having repair ships sitting in their homeworld scoring points by themselves is just as bad as all the bombers off shooting planets, no need to encourage it.

I like having the planet repair option for emergencies. When a legion is facing a suicide bombing run where their enemies are simply trying to blow up the planet while ignoring ships, it's nice for the reppers to be able to do something about that (besides trying pickups to shoot the bombers).
Cant sit in your homeworld scoring points if the bombers don't come to bomb it :)

You can rep a full HP HW any more then you can rep a full HP player.

What it does is add to the meta game already present in tvs. It makes it so you have to decide when to attack a HW and I believe make sure you can finish it. Else you may just give the legion whos HW you attacked a boost back into the game.
The problem is that people aren't going to care about that. If they pick bombers, they're going to bomb. Not think "I'd better not bomb or their reppers will get points". :P
Arch

Post by Arch »

Promoting more ship-to-ship combat is going to be better for the game than adding any more incentives to stay planet-based.

Do scrap runs give points in the current state of the game? If it does, there's your way to Rep the planet by gaining points. If not, maybe it should =p
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Was going to go for a frantic next but maybe something different - last man standing or something else if someone has some ideas?
Clementus

Post by Clementus »

No Homeworlds.. Last Team Standing... Teams of 4 or 5!
Arch

Post by Arch »

Planet Race - Planets start at 1k HP, PDS damage scaled up 20x, first legion to get their planet to 100,000 wins (starting/victory HP can be changed to create a shorter or longer game). Idea is to build up your planet through scrap runs. Could disable bombers as the idea is to create fleet battle over scrap resources (and subsequently create more scrap!).
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Fwiffo wrote:
Demolition wrote:
Fwiffo wrote:I don't think there needs to be incentive for repping the planet, having repair ships sitting in their homeworld scoring points by themselves is just as bad as all the bombers off shooting planets, no need to encourage it.

I like having the planet repair option for emergencies. When a legion is facing a suicide bombing run where their enemies are simply trying to blow up the planet while ignoring ships, it's nice for the reppers to be able to do something about that (besides trying pickups to shoot the bombers).
Cant sit in your homeworld scoring points if the bombers don't come to bomb it :)

You can rep a full HP HW any more then you can rep a full HP player.

What it does is add to the meta game already present in tvs. It makes it so you have to decide when to attack a HW and I believe make sure you can finish it. Else you may just give the legion whos HW you attacked a boost back into the game.
The problem is that people aren't going to care about that. If they pick bombers, they're going to bomb. Not think "I'd better not bomb or their reppers will get points". :P
DO bombers go bomb in most games without the legion? I already said and agree that the bombers points needs to be scaled back a bit to encourage legions to not pick up a bunch of bombers and win that way. This is not a suggestion to fix bombers, that suggestion has been made and I believe agreed upon by the majority of TVS players already. This is another suggestion that encourages strategic thinking by the legion commanders. After all the winning legion should be the one with the commanders that have the better strategy.

The idea is not to encourage base sitting although I know that does happen. Base sitting will happen regardless of what you do with the game as its a simple fact that no one will ever want to lose their HW. The only way to avoid base sitting is to remove the base. And that requires a lot of rethinking the game in general. If the goal is no longer to kill the other HWs what is the goal of the game? The suggestion had 2 purposes as previously suggested. Give reppers incentive to rep the planet(this coincidentally also provides another way of repping the HW instead of attempting to paint the map your color to rep it which spreads out your blob) and to encourage more strategy in this game.,
Guardsmon

Post by Guardsmon »

I just think reppers need to be able to do equal reps to the planet as they can to their ships. I have no problem repping a planet for no points, but its frustrating when you are doing all you can to save your HW, but doing only 200-300 HP a tick even at level 5.

BTW I like Arch's idea for a new game style.
WizardPrang

Post by WizardPrang »

Android App :)
Prang!
http://www.wizardprang.com
Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Autopilot during sleep ticks feels dirty.
Fwiffo

Post by Fwiffo »

Sleep tick is for the weak.