Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

General forum for chat and banter.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Re: Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

Post by ecvej »

ecvej wrote:New ship and vacation deactivate should now work in the app / mobile version.
I just got an error registering into the game via the mobile version. I was surprised no one else had seen it by now so I ran a report and 4 other people had encountered the same error and not bothered to report it. The point of running open test games is to speed up development with extra eyes reporting problems. If people aren't going to bother with that then we'll have to go back to the old way of testing which involved closed games and games where we moved, changed and killed ships at will to suit what we wanted to test.

Would rather have 10 reports of things that aren't bugs than 1 unreported bug.
SpiderWolve

Post by SpiderWolve »

ecvej wrote:
ecvej wrote:New ship and vacation deactivate should now work in the app / mobile version.
I just got an error registering into the game via the mobile version. I was surprised no one else had seen it by now so I ran a report and 4 other people had encountered the same error and not bothered to report it. The point of running open test games is to speed up development with extra eyes reporting problems. If people aren't going to bother with that then we'll have to go back to the old way of testing which involved closed games and games where we moved, changed and killed ships at will to suit what we wanted to test.

Would rather have 10 reports of things that aren't bugs than 1 unreported bug.
I haven't logged in awhile. Got busy.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Pilot images added to the account page. Gif files displayed at 30x30 on ranking pages only so far. Up to 3kb size. Please test.

This is a temporary system just for testing as cal has some ideas on changing this feature.

You'll get errors if you're not using the official url http://www.violetsector.com
Scyza

Post by Scyza »

Yay for avatars! :D

Can't be changed on the ipad however.

And when I tried to upload it from my desktop pc it asked me to login again after the upload (Session timed out). Since the login page it redirected me to didn't have my password saved and I was too lazy to type it again, I opened the "normal" login page which I have in my bookmarks and logged in with that - the avatar hadn't been saved then. Only gets saved if I use the login mask it redirects me to after uploading. (guess this is not really a bug but just due to my laziness :P)

EDIT: Oh and one more thing, if the image is smaller than 30x30 it seems to get stretched!
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

iPad doesn't work because of a tvs bug or because Ipads don't support upload functionality?

you should probably switch to the proper website address before other things don't work :p
Legion

Post by Legion »

Bring back special gates? pwease. I miss spending ages working them out ;)
Scyza

Post by Scyza »

Hum, what is the proper website address?? I'm not using a mobile version or anything if that's what you mean, just www.tvsgames.com
I simply can't click the "choose file" thingy on ipad.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

ecvej wrote:You'll get errors if you're not using the official url http://www.violetsector.com
We don't use the old url so much as we don't have quick control over the dns settings. The upload will eventually work with the old url but it's best to use http://www.violetsector.com because that one will always be the first to work with things.
calundra

Post by calundra »

ecvej wrote:iPad doesn't work because of a tvs bug or because Ipads don't support upload functionality?
iPad doesn't support file upload via web forms, nothing to do with TVS.
Legion wrote:Bring back special gates? pwease. I miss spending ages working them out ;)
That's been on my list for a while, maybe I'll have a look while I watch the F1.
Scyza

Post by Scyza »

Oh, thanks for your answer ecvej, I totally missed that line about using the official url :P

And yeah, I guess that explains why it doesn't work, calundra! :D