Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

General forum for chat and banter.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Re: Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

Post by ecvej »

Not been fixing much today but have made really good progress on coding a new map in flash rather than java. It should perform better for everyone and more people have flash installed over java.
iceblink

Post by iceblink »

Just as Flash is being deprecated by everyone? :p

Isn't html5 an option yet?

Oh well, i'll be happy with something better than the java thing. It works well, but it's hideous when you start to scroll down...
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

html5 isn't finished yet, it's been in development for even longer than v2 :P I'll have a look into it though and we'll see which map works best for us all.
streabus

Post by streabus »

cant seem to repair anyone keep getting following

Error in sql: [ CALL sp_repair(22, 82, 34, 41, 136, 1) ]
OUT or INOUT argument 5 for routine tvs_forum.sp_repair is not a variable or NEW pseudo-variable in BEFORE triggerError executing sql query. See non-existant log for details OK HEY CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHOOT MY SHIP NOW.
Last edited by streabus on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
streabus

Post by streabus »

ok ignore previous post APART FROM THE BIT WHERE I ASK YOU ALL TO SHOOT ME im feeling a bit foolish right about know LOL
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

The ajaxian legion has disappeared completely from the "Top Legion" page. As mentioned in bug reports, their score dropped to "0" a few ticks back. During that time, milendorf has continued to be registered as logged in. We think he cloaked. Looking at LLC, no mention of any ajaxian ships currently playing. no changes in score or health either...

Just a confusing occurrence.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

The new flash map apparently causes an automatic jump when you click on a sector. I was looking at it, clicked a sector, and next thing I know I'm on my way.

needs to ask me if I'm certain first.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

New map up for testing. I've not spent as long programming it so roids will show a small circle rather than an oval and the legion pie charts are slightly off centre. Those who had issues with the Java map, does this work better for you?

Re Miledorf, he is in vac which is why he isn't counting in the stats. He's still got the site open though and the comms check is keeping his online star there. I'll sort that soon.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

It definetly resolves the issues of the java map.
Zypher
Administrator

Post by Zypher »

scary....very very scary to be on the wrong end of that feature. but a great feature indeed. :D