Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

General forum for chat and banter.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Re: Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

Post by ecvej »

Pickups should now be in the app / mobile version. Please test. I don't think the attack pickups will work yet but all others might. I haven't got the moves to test anything so will fix over the next few ticks.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Timezone settings on the account page should now persist across games. Please let me know if this doesn't work next game.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Suggestion on timezones; Can we drop down to one per gmt. The list currently is sooo long its hard to find one near you. Or at least it was for me :P
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

We could but it would mean some people would then not be able to choose the correct timezone for where they live. e.g. although they may be on GMT now, their country may change to summer time at a different time from the UK or may not use summer time at all. The list is that long because there are so many variations in the world.

On the bright side, if this change works you will never have to look at the long list again unless you move :)
2ice2bme

Post by 2ice2bme »

Not trying to be an ass, but many of your timezones dont exist.

There is no such thing as "USA new york" for a time zone, its eastern standard time. My country alone has 7 time zones, and none are named after american cities or stastes :P
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IANA_time_zones

America/New_York is a timezone that equals EST in the winter and EDT in the summer. EST is always UTC - 5 hours. Therefore allowing people to choose the America/New York timezone means it automatically adjusts for daylight savings time whereas if you chose EST you'd have the wrong time for half the year.

The timezone Amerca/New York has its principal location as New York but it actually covers the area you probably think of when you hear EST in general parlance.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

2ice2bme wrote:Not trying to be an ass, but many of your timezones dont exist.

There is no such thing as "USA new york" for a time zone, its eastern standard time. My country alone has 7 time zones, and none are named after american cities or stastes :P
Hense why I used GMT :)

There would end up being a few more then 24 as Ecvej pointed out some areas observe daylight savings time while others do not, but the list would be a LOT shorter than the current one if we made the change.

I think in the US there is PST/MST/CST/EST and then during the summer some of these change over an hour
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Anomaly comms should now arrive from fleet headquarters instead of me....untested change because I didn't want to be the one to test it :P Please let me know if any problems.

Edit: Actually they will come from Ant for the rest of the game and from fleet headquarters in future betas.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Filter added to taunt page.
Warning added if you are logged in and your sleep tick is about to start.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

The filter button on the taunt page has now been renamed a search button following a semantic discussion with one of our cunning linguists :P