Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

General forum for chat and banter.
SpiderWolve

Re: Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

Post by SpiderWolve »

Yeah, see links too. That'll work I guess.
iceblink

Post by iceblink »

autopilot:
not jumping when out of moves: check
jumping when all moves are available: check
not jumping to impossible sector: check
Zypher
Administrator

Post by Zypher »

just tested the new NavComJ hyper links. works fine for me so far.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Anyone have any thoughts on LC scans? I didn't like how they worked on v1. In particular, I didn't like:
  • the fact that it was necessary to check different sectors randomly. You had to check incoming, outgoing and sector scans for each sector with no idea if anything was there or not. With lots of decoys lying around it was a lot of work checking each sector without any guarantee that there was even anything worth looking at.
  • the fact that the sectors you could scan didn't update without a refresh, e.g. if someone died and you no longer had a ship there the sector didn't disappear from your list.
  • to be honest, I always preferred it when all sectors could be scanned. Might be a good time to implement it given the advantage cloakers now have.
  • I'd like the ability to filter by legion and/or enemies / friendlies
  • ability to search your available scans for pilot X or players from legion Y
Would be grateful for any ideas you guys have, in particular on how we should set out the page layout for scans.
SpiderWolve

Post by SpiderWolve »

Sounds like all good ideas vej, agree with the full scans in lieu of the cloakers abilities now too.
Zypher
Administrator

Post by Zypher »

i dont like having scans at all. a blanket of all scans is really a buzz kill. whats the point to scout around. ill be honest it was really really scary now knowing where anyone was when i was being followed by Brit and SW in the frantic. id love to have it like that. where you only know whats there with REAL ships. or try a game without any at all. just use the color of NavCom for intell.

aslo there could be a drone where the ST use to be but only fighters get good points from them or bonus. something that gives scans but can be knocked out of order and must be repaired by repairships. i just think with V.2 we have the room to experiment on new things and try things out.

also also :P if we dont get a new group of pilots alot of these changes will be hard to gauge the changes we make with out a large ammout of active pilots not just pilots but actives
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

Maybe change it so you get more info by having ships in the sector? I mean, basic set up of LC scans could tell you that there are krills and bors in a sector (but navcom shows red, so you might assume only krills there).

I like the general concept of scans associated with ships being tied back into home base or something. Maybe having a decoy in a sector gives you some information, but not as much as actually having a ship there? Just as an idea for discussion, maybe about how much info, etc. like decoys tell you # of ships that are there, but don't differentiate btwn decoys and real ships, don't show last tick moved, or don't give names or something? so you know something is there, but not what?

on a different note, this probably doesn't work, but has anyone gotten a decoy while cloaked? if so, does the decoy show as cloaked also? just curious...would be interesting...maybe if cloaked and you get a decoy, it remains cloaked, so long as you remain in sector and cloaked?
FoxMcBag

Post by FoxMcBag »

Any reason i cant log in?
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Is there a particular error message you are getting? Username and pass are case sensitive, fyi.
FoxMcBag

Post by FoxMcBag »

sorted thanks :)