Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

General forum for chat and banter.
keysersoze

Re: Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

Post by keysersoze »

I got decent points when I was shooting Tibrar at lower level. now u are in sector and I get less. so I think it is to do with ship targets in sector.
keysersoze

Post by keysersoze »

Well, you have left sector and am still getting awful XP. I am getting less not than I was at level 1 and 2. Doing 130 damage and getting 82xp....... as a l3 Bomber Even split.
keysersoze

Post by keysersoze »

Game doesn't like Windows 8 and new IE running in compatibility mode. gave me an invalid something or other.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Hey keyser. Please can you post a screenshot or the text of the error in the bug thread along with details about what page you were viewing / in game action you were doing. Thanks ec
keysersoze

Post by keysersoze »

Will try to replicate it when at home..... May have to switch off compatibility mode again
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Map should now be normal size in Internet Explorer. Will eventually turn off the flash / java maps unless someone still has a browser that can't load the main map?

Added additional apple icons. These were causing some people to get temporarily banned as their devices were attempting to load images that didn't exist.

Added highlighting on the trivia and squad rankings pages.

Destination arrows should appear on the main map. Used to be there a while back but got taken out for a little bit.

Android ap
Junie

Post by Junie »

ecvej wrote:Map should now be normal size in Internet Explorer. Will eventually turn off the flash / java maps unless someone still has a browser that can't load the main map?

Added additional apple icons. These were causing some people to get temporarily banned as their devices were attempting to load images that didn't exist.

Added highlighting on the trivia and squad rankings pages.

Destination arrows should appear on the main map. Used to be there a while back but got taken out for a little bit.

Android ap

On my work PC I have to use the java map as the normal one won't work. I use Windows XP with Internet Explorer 8...
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

The map will only work in IE9 or above as the old versions don't support the necessary SVG technology. Unfortunately (and it's the same for me at my work), anything before Vista / WS8 won't run IE9. Catch 22. I guess it'll fix itself in a year as your firm will have to upgrade when XP reaches the end of its extended support.
Junie

Post by Junie »

Ok thanks for that - we are going through all the UAT for Windows 7 at the moment. Although by the time we move across we will be behind again anyway :)
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Limited comms support now in the mobile version. Think you can read and delete at the moment but not send or view sent. It doesn't look pretty but I will get the functionality in first before worrying about that.