Ridiculous game!!

General forum for chat and banter.
Aftermath

Re: Ridiculous game!!

Post by Aftermath »

[quote="ecvej I think next game (starting Friday btw :)) I'll check comms more for rudeness and swearing to make sure new people are happy.[/quote]

That would be great. Honestly, I'd settle for fair treatment when an issue was brought to the amdin's attention in the first place, or at least a response back instead of being ignored when a clear case of harassment was brought to their attention simply because the person doing the blatant harassment gets a free pass because "That's just the way he is, he's been around for a long time, just ignore it", (this after he was asked repeatedly to cut down on the verbal attacks).
Islander

Post by Islander »

Was there any extra tweaks done to damage modifier between levels? (eg. Level 2 vs Level 1) because the damage done was quite insane?

Early on my L1 cloaker took 100-200 damage/shot from an L2 autorep bomber on a low-damage sector.
Then I was able to kill an L1 fighter with just 2 shots from an L2 cloaker on the IR (maybe high damage tick -- but still).
4 shots on an L3 normal bomber in the OR (not 2x damage sector) put him in red (ironically, it took another 4 shots in 2x damage sector to kill him).

One reason i believe latecomers don't have much of a chance in frantics is bec of the damage done by level disparity magnified by the lack of other targets to soak damage.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Nah no tweaks to those things Islander. Might not be a bad idea to reduce damage on bunnies from high levels.
calundra
Developer / Administrator

Post by calundra »

Islander wrote:4 shots on an L3 normal bomber in the OR (not 2x damage sector) put him in red (ironically, it took another 4 shots in 2x damage sector to kill him).
All of the OR is "high" damage, but none of the OR is 2x damage.

Some sectors on the IR are sometimes 2x damage.
the_hero

Post by the_hero »

To comment on a few points...

1) We already had 2 cruisers, our base was at 15k... surely from a Kril standpoint, to shoot and kill the Bor 2k off cruiser points would have been the best tactic - a) to stop a bor cruiser b) the ajax base being less than 10k would mean it would render the Ajax defenseless... you would have had one less cruiser to worry about, and one less base to worry up.. but you shot bsmoka and lost yourselves the game...

2) In upholding the integrity of the game and what not, in boraxus when we were destroying the base an 'I feel tired, I'm going for a nap' and then proceeding to jump to ajaxus in an attempt to destroy our base (getting to 1.5k and jumping out because you didnt want to sacrifice your ship for the base) doesn't sit well with me

3) The two ships issue - if they were moving around together even though they weren't on the same legion is not right. If they want to be on each others side, one should rogue. Granted it doesnt matter much in a frantic with so few players, but the principle should be adhered to
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

the_hero wrote:To comment on a few points...

1) We already had 2 cruisers, our base was at 15k... surely from a Kril standpoint, to shoot and kill the Bor 2k off cruiser points would have been the best tactic - a) to stop a bor cruiser b) the ajax base being less than 10k would mean it would render the Ajax defenseless... you would have had one less cruiser to worry about, and one less base to worry up.. but you shot bsmoka and lost yourselves the game...

2) In upholding the integrity of the game and what not, in boraxus when we were destroying the base an 'I feel tired, I'm going for a nap' and then proceeding to jump to ajaxus in an attempt to destroy our base (getting to 1.5k and jumping out because you didnt want to sacrifice your ship for the base) doesn't sit well with me

3) The two ships issue - if they were moving around together even though they weren't on the same legion is not right. If they want to be on each others side, one should rogue. Granted it doesnt matter much in a frantic with so few players, but the principle should be adhered to
1) In a frantic, all that matters is getting to cruiser first. Shooting a cloaker has proven to give more points than shooting bombers time and time again due the defensive capabilities that bombers have ingrained. Besides that, the Jax activity was much higher than the Bors throughout the frantic.

2) If you don't pause to think that an enemy LC might be lying to you about what they're doing then that's your fault. This is a war game, and part of war is deceiving your opponents. Also, sacrificing a lvl 5 ship to destroy a planet when there will still be another enemy HW to destroy is counter productive to your legion.

3) The "two ships" argument is completely invalid for two reasons. the first is that NAPs do occur and it is possible for two ships that are on different legions to be in the same sector without firing on each other if they have made arrangements to team up. The second is that everyone keeps making accusations that two ships on differing legions were doing this for the entire frantic, yet no one will name who they were. All the times I logged in, the closest case I found of two pilots working together endlessly was Pirate and Lobby, and even that wasn't even close to the entire game, so until someone cares to enlighten us all and clear up who they are accusing of doing this instead of hiding behind the veil of "everyone knows who it is", then any argument is invalid and is simply whining.
Islander

Post by Islander »

calundra wrote:All of the OR is "high" damage, but none of the OR is 2x damage.
Some sectors on the IR are sometimes 2x damage.
Oh... You mean the HW-adjacent OR sectors (MH, DH, SC, TMC) have the same damage as the other OR sectors?
I always thought they were higher damage sectors... or permanently high damage while the others fluctuated.... something like that.