Ridiculous game!!

General forum for chat and banter.
Sidius

Re: Ridiculous game!!

Post by Sidius »

Well let see here where should I begin. How bout the direct attack on me. When Tobo was in Apollo Sector with Bsmoka and myself I chose to shoot the bsmoka cuz the ajax were in the same boat as the Bors. Two ships near cruiser. My choice to hopefully win a little bit of favor to help my legion win.

The only other thing that has been really bugging me is how the admins have been treating people on this game. For instance the last post by ecvej "Those same 2 pilots keep playing as friends even when on different sides"...right good to know its an admins place to assume what other people are doing. Clearly its not being directed at anyone specific but come on when did it become an admins place to say things about the players?? Seriously I'd like to know??
Last edited by ecvej on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod edit to remove swearing, general offensiveness and ad hominems.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

I've removed the swearing and ad hominem points about other players in your post.

I'm sorry if you believe I am picking on you personally but we have to enforce the rules so the game is fair for all players. Therefore we have previously deleted multiple accounts and the rules were changed last game to make it clear you and the other accounts being played from your location should not be operated as effectively 1 person.
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

Based on that statement alone, that means anyone who has an account can never play if someone in the same house has an account as well, even if they had previously been living alone? Forgive me if I read that wrong and please feel free to clarify for me.

I would like to know who your earlier statement was directed at as well ecvej, because as far as I can tell only the Jax and Tibs were working together on a regular basis. I can't know for sure of course, since I was barely on after the first day, and I wasn't a part of any conversations they might have had. Implying otherwise would be pure assumption, but i guess that's acceptable based on past experience.
Sidius

Post by Sidius »

I don't think you're picking on me. Once again you fail to see my point. Assuming or taking second hand information is not a proper way to administrate this game (Or any game for that matter). The fact still remains that the way people act on the forums is childish and this "game" has turned into a High School "Click" that if you aren't part of it then you get harassed and overall treated poorly. I've been playing for nearly 10 years and I'm speaking for the all the new people I've talked to in game about their general dislike of their personal treatment that other players give them.

A long time ago this game was fun, the people were fun to play with, and everyone was treated with respect. Guess once Wingee got out of the picture all of that changed. Which is sad in my personal opinion.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Plenty of people play from the same location and shoot each other over poorer target choices that are unconnected. Some people have even married having met via the game, housemates play etc.

Most people play under a pseudonym now so I don't see how a clique could identify each other as friends and identify you as an outsider and therefore harass you? Maybe if you cut down the swearing and aggression in comms people won't react against you.

I've always found people to be courteous and help new players on comms but if you're finding they're not please lead by example and then things will be nicer for everyone.
Sidius

Post by Sidius »

I get along with most people I play with. Minus a few people who just don't like me. Its what ever though. However telling me that there is no harassment in this game is a blatant lie, cuz I get harassed as do many other people in game and here on the forums. Example is what was posted earlier, having some one complain in an agressive fashion toward what I choose to do to help my legion, and people continueing to push an issue like saying that I'm always in league with another player is harassment. Any verbal assault on some one else that is unwanted or unwelcome IS harassment. Also as for the clique thing, everyone see's it, new players are clearly treated differently then the older players and to the point that if you don't agree with the older players then apparently its ok to harass the new players without punishment. I've noticed this over the past year that I've been back. So either I'm the only one that see's this or the only one who cares.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

I didn't tell you that :P I think next game (starting Friday btw :)) I'll check comms more for rudeness and swearing to make sure new people are happy.
Sidius

Post by Sidius »

You didn't tell me what, that I'm always in league with some one else, no but you dont mind spouting it all over the forums to other players like earlier as a responce to another players post. So don't act like you aren't doing anything wrong just because your an admin. If you're talking about the harassment thing then all I have to say is that clearly its ok to do it IF you've been playing long enough cuz its within the rules but never enforced, rather never enforced when the people who are doing it have been playing for 5 plus years.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Read what you wrote I told you in your 3rd post. Then read my post again. Should make sense then that I wasn't talking about what you're talking about.

Edit, looks like you've edited your post and figured out what I was saying.
Sidius

Post by Sidius »

I've read all your posts, multiple times. Again I'll restate myself apparently I'm the only one seeing any of the harassment that is going on, any of the issues with the cliques that have been created, and I'm also the only one who cares about any of it. Cuz any time it comes up the topic is moved to something else unrelated, like what is happening right now. So once again great enforcement of the rules that you and the other admins made up, and the ones that have been made up on the fly to force people to do what is "right"