Idea to increase activity

General forum for chat and banter.
Antslayer

Idea to increase activity

Post by Antslayer »

It's unfortunate to see the lack of activity in TVS as of recent. What if we had an annual or bi-annual beta, where a mass email was sent to all players? If everyone received an email informing them that the annual beta was about to start, a lot of old players would return for this special event. Sure there could be normal betas in between, but for the annual beta, a mass email would be sent out so that all past players would be aware of it. I really think this could bring a lot of players together for at least 1 or 2 games a year.

It would be amazing to see 15 player blobs again. The reason I havent been active in any of the recent betas is simply because of a lack of active players. I personally would love to be active for a special yearly beta that everyone is informed about. Any one agree with this idea?

-Ant
Aftermath

Re: Idea to increase activity

Post by Aftermath »

I think that a few things need to be fixed first. Mainly: Player distribution and the random damage/repping that occurs in this game. That and the fact that betas have been pretty infrequent with no communication from the admins as to why we've had such delays.

Aside from aforementioned issues, I think this is a very good idea. It shows that several people that still play this game are still willing to support it and want it to keep going.
Capt_nemo

Post by Capt_nemo »

I'm with Aftermath, if anyone looked at the TVS page it would appear like a dead project. If I'm in a Beta it's often because I just happened to see a game was going, inactivity is all about comms in my mind.

As time goes on people are less and less likely to check back to the site so they'll miss games and then we'll have a low turnout which in turn detracts from the game's fun which then breeds greater apathy about playing and so on and so forth. It's a vicious cycle.

We've been waiting months for another game to kick off yet the last message on the webpage is prior to the previous game, not even a mention about the ending of the previous.

Whilst I'm enjoying not having to sleep in 3 hour cycles I'd like another game to kick off.
SixStringTiger

Post by SixStringTiger »

Can't agree more with Nemo.
Sephiroth

Post by Sephiroth »

frequent updates and email announcements work. and FB announcements.. anyone know where ecvej went?