Navcom NCJ, NCF

Post here if you need help or tips on playing the game.
Phaeton

Navcom NCJ, NCF

Post by Phaeton »

How do the NCJ & NCF navcoms work? I was told they are for use from phones but what's the difference?
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Re: Navcom NCJ, NCF

Post by ecvej »

Navcom = main map. Works in IE9 and latest versions of opera, chrome and firefox. Will also work on smartphones such as android devices with firefox / opera browsers.

Navcom J = Needs java installed on your pc / phone to load this map

Navcom F = Needs flash installed on your pc / phone to load this map
Phaeton

Post by Phaeton »

Ahh thanks ecvej.
Batax

Post by Batax »

how to use navcom from opera mini? it shows graphical position instead of just lists of planets (like old times), but I can't click anything. so currently I stuck at home planet.
calundra

Post by calundra »

Batax wrote:how to use navcom from opera mini? it shows graphical position instead of just lists of planets (like old times), but I can't click anything. so currently I stuck at home planet.
The game is currently paused as we are between games. So you can't move anywhere until the new game starts on Friday.
JackBlackIV

Post by JackBlackIV »

NavCom flash is the only thing working on my android phone. Also the only way to watch the map. I certainly don't want to jump into a sector without knowing it's dominating faction, maybe you could add the color / legion code to the sector in the app (e.g. a select with [K] appended for kril domination, for boraxian etc)...
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

opera browser can load the main map on android. Also, what version of android are you running because i thought the more up to date ones could load the map in the normal browser.
JackBlackIV

Post by JackBlackIV »

I'm running 2.3.4 at the moment, it's the highest version available for my Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray ;)

Firefox can also load the main map, but firefox is sooooo slow it takes minutes to start up :p I'll give Opera a try then.
SpiderWolve

Post by SpiderWolve »

Anybody esle have issues with using NCF? I click on the sector to hyper to and then it kicks me to the main login screen where I have to log in again. After I do that it works just fine, just not the first time through :P
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

it's domain dependent. whatever url you're using isn't the one the flash map likes. doesn't main map work for you? it's quicker and works for all addresses.