LC reward

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.

What should the LC reward be?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:31 pm

Cloaking device
17%
Auto rep device
17%
Recognition in new stats system
17%
Better pickup luck
17%
Points bonus per tick
No votes
Combat / repair bonus
17%
Nothing!
17%

Total votes: 6

Arch

Re: LC reward

Post by Arch »

I'd rather see an ability to affect all ships in the sector with an ability. For example:

- Send out Medical Drones - Repairs all Friendly ships in sector (does Level x 100 repair).
- Send out Attack Drones - Damages all Enemy ships in sector (does Level x 100 damage).
- Hyperspace Acceleration - Extend Hyper window of all Friendly ships leaving/entering sector by 2 minutes (deadzone changed to T-8 or T+3)
- Hyperspace Interdiction - Reduce Hyper window of all Enemy ships leaving/entering sector by 2 minutes (deadzone changed to T-12 or T+7)

Abilities share a cooldown of say 8 ticks (once a day) and would cost 1 move for the LC. These would reward that position, increase strategic value without being game-breaking.

Development concerns are obvious for something like the jump windows changing, but I assume the sector-wide rep/damage ability would be able to leverage most of the components currently in the code.
Fwiffo

Post by Fwiffo »

How about adding a profile for pilots that lists what games they were in, where they finished and hand out a medal or something to a winning LC. Seemed to work well for getting people to want to lead in TLK.
Anakin

Post by Anakin »

How about a ship with 1000000000000000 HP and the same amount of moves each turn?

You want to win or you don`t. You can lead a Legion to win or you don`t. What more do you want? Go play Call Of Duty .. plenty of achievements and skins to brag and stuff..

tl;dr : A good LC can take good decisions for a less sucky Beta for her/his Legion. In itself reward enough. If it fails.. its a bad LC and the Beta will suck more... fair trade.

[EDIT]Right now it is a job that requires a volunteer, more or less. With added perks, you can end up with idiots running for it only for the bonus and crash and burn the Legion. It is hard already to find ANY LC as it is. Added perks will only get us any GREEDY LC. i`d rather have only "any".
whykt

Post by whykt »

Now that FOW is back, I think LCs with cloaking ability would be very useful. It's hard to find good scouts :P
Seraphim

Post by Seraphim »

I like a tactical boost mode, like what Arch said only as a sustained mode that your pilots benefit from. It runs for a few turns and then has to recharge.

Think of all the tactical choices it gives you :D
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Bump.

Poll open for 14 days! Have included most of the options in the thread - not the one that was uber hard to code though :P