LC reward

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.

What should the LC reward be?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:31 pm

Cloaking device
17%
Auto rep device
17%
Recognition in new stats system
17%
Better pickup luck
17%
Points bonus per tick
No votes
Combat / repair bonus
17%
Nothing!
17%

Total votes: 6

ecvej
Developer / Administrator

LC reward

Post by ecvej »

I did a stint as LC (forced :roll:) earlier this beta and I'm aware it's a pain! How about 150 points per tick as compensation for being LC? Ability to cloak any ship? Additional move(s) per tick? Auto-regen? Increased damage / repair? Increased self repair? Increased ship stats? Ability to hyper during deadzone? Ability to hyper to any sectors? Other?
Islander

Re: LC reward

Post by Islander »

hmmm nice idea! what about maybe a "leadership" % modifier bonus (selectable? can be changed every x number of ticks? +combat damage/+bomb damage/+defense/+repairs) that is multiplied by LC % approval rating, for all ships that are in sector with LC? (although this would make those powerful AP legions more powerful... :P) Although this might be abused by putting up an all-pilot cloaker as a dummy LC?
iceblink

Post by iceblink »

Hmmm, mixed feelings. If it's free you can't really complain about it. If it's a paid job, people may expect more.
But yeah it is a pain, and any attempt to get people to do it deserve a try.
Flint

Post by Flint »

ecvej wrote:How about 150 points per tick as compensation for being LC? Ability to cloak any ship? Additional move(s) per tick? Auto-regen? Increased damage / repair? Increased self repair? Increased ship stats? Ability to hyper during deadzone? Ability to hyper to any sectors? Other?
Out of all of those, I think increased self repair sounds best. The other things are too powerful and will mean everyone will want to be LC even if they're going to be crap at it. If you add anything, it needs to be a little tiny perk, like self repping 200 or 250. Wont make a huge difference, but nice to have.

Not sure if I like the sound of rewarding LCing though, cos it doesn't mean you'll get better candidates necessarily, and often the VRs do just as much.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Maybe just keeping a kinda ATT list of which legion won the round and who LC'd the legion as recognition of their commitment to the legion without giving a visible gain during the actual round would be nice.

Otherwise I agree with Flint, maybe an autorep per turn of like 150 points or something might be nice but nothing that's over powered or game changing in favor of one legion over the other.
Flint

Post by Flint »

yeah a winners section would be good, with a record of the winning legion for each beta, and the pilot that LC'd longest/ended the game as LC, or something like that. That'd be quite a nice feature anyway actually, and since it would be a lasting display of goodness it would hopefully encourage more people to LC, and cheer up those that already do.
idontknow

Post by idontknow »

I think this doesn't go well with the lengthy voting cycle. If there's a reward, people will criticise an LC faster for not doing enough, thus there might/will be more no-confidence votes which would lead to more anarchy ;)

I know it's weird and stupid but just to add to the discussion: what about a "like" button for the LC? If at least x percent (50% of the legion?) every 8 ticks click it, he gets a reward? Consider it 'feedback' :P
LoB

Post by LoB »

10% lower chance of "no pickup found" when enemies are in the sector. Just so heroic triple triple charge of the leader is ever so slightly less impossible.
whykt

Post by whykt »

Archives of winning (and losing?) LCs would be nice.
Slightly increased damage/rep or better PUs or autorep would be useful. Sort of like hero units in some real time strategy games and good for team morale. Although does that mean the lc would be targeted more? Could be a valid strategy in battle.

If no personal bonuses, another option could be some sort of stats boost to the ships around the LC. Although the lc always stays with the blob so yeah, kinda overpowered :p Cloaking is probably too powerful.

In the end, there doesn't have to be a perk because no one wants the job anyway, and anyone who volunteers for it is probably too keen to care about perks to begin with ;)
Chino

Post by Chino »

I believe the ability to hyper during the "deadzone" is a must have for LC. As the Commander(I'm speaking of it as a leadership role), they should be last in and first out if need be. Like say they were targeted BOT, they should be able to hyper out to save their ship. It's not a perk that would give them an unfair combat advantage against another ship, but more mobility in sticky situations. 150 bonus points a tick sounds good too for being in a place of leadership.