Legion Selection

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.
chrisso909

Legion Selection

Post by chrisso909 »

In the current Beta two home planets have been destroyed leaving alot of ships in space without a home planet. Of course when these players finally get destroyed they will be distributed to a new Legion at random.

I was wondering if there was any merrit in making the legion a player joins after being destroyed, factored by who they have been killed by. I.e. if a Boraxian player is destroyed by a Tibran after Boraxus planet is destroyed, would it make more sense for the was Boraxian to become a Tibran?

I assume it is made semi random at the moment to keep the game balanced but would this rule assist in more active killing of players ships once their home planet is destroyed?

Interested in knowing what you all think!

Cheers

Chrisso
JackBlackIV

Re: Legion Selection

Post by JackBlackIV »

On one hand I like it, on the other hand, it gives the less active legion less possibility to gain active pilots. Not quite sure if it'd be ok.
chrisso909

Post by chrisso909 »

I know exactly what you mean, love to hear what the verdict is once the other developers have seen the post, I'm guessing there is a team of developers?
JackBlackIV

Post by JackBlackIV »

Yes, ecvej and calundra currently develop the game :)
chrisso909

Post by chrisso909 »

Were there any more thoughts on this one?
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Hi chris. It would likely mean the strongest legion would keep getting stronger. Do you view that as ok as it's a reward for being aggressive and helps prevent stalemate? Any thoughts on the probabilities to use? From memory I think the probability works slightly in favour of the weakest legion so almost the opposite of what you're suggesting.
chrisso909

Post by chrisso909 »

Not necessarily the strongest legion, for example in this game, it is quite even and means if a legion dies then the other legions will fight out for new members between them instead of leaving the stragglers behind.

I think it would be good as a reward of being aggressive as sometimes the game can be uneccessarily slow, especially when you've just had your home planet destroyed.

On probabilities, my original suggestion was to simply make the player of the destroyed ship join the attackers legion... is that too harsh?
chrisso909

Post by chrisso909 »

Another point to that, I do understand some games it wont quite work out right as the strongest legion could simply get stronger, but in those games, as it would be so one sided already wouldnt it simply speed the game up instead of having a very slow end with one strong legion?