LC Approval

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.
chrisso909

LC Approval

Post by chrisso909 »

It has been noted recently that our LC approval is not at 100%.

We are putting this down partly to perhaps the possibility of new players not understanding how LC approval works. In particular, when I first started, I would go to the ship computer page and see a link to 'approve' the LC. However, what I didnt do was read it properly to see that I had already got approval and what I was doing was actively disapproving the LC without realising.

Would it be less confusing to have this feature as some sort of radio button in which the two options were approve and disapprove..?

Let me know your thoughts guys

Cheers

Chris
Aftermath

Re: LC Approval

Post by Aftermath »

I think it's fine the way it is. If read carefully, it does tell you whether you currently approve or disapprove.
JackBlackIV

Post by JackBlackIV »

Rule #1 for web development is: Don't make me think.

"If read carefully" means: "Yes it's crappy, but we don't think it's worth the effort to improve it", or just "we're too lazy to fix it".

I think chrisso has a good point here :)
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

True, it is a good point, and I see how it could confuse sone ppl who simply don't want to take the few seconds to actually think about what they're doing before pressing that shiny button :p that's all I meant.
chrisso909

Post by chrisso909 »

I have no quarms with how it is at the moment but just could see it as an improvement. At the end of the day a new player has to realise that they would have to click the word disapprove to approve of an LC...?

Just posted it as a possible improvement and no reflextion on the game as a whole

Cheers
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

How do you think it should be phrased to make clearer?
chrisso909

Post by chrisso909 »

Well as I say, perhaps not a phrase but perhaps a radio button in which the options are approve and disapprove. Therefore someone would see the dot on approve and know they approve?
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

That will probably take up more room. How about "Click to disapprove" instead or "Currently you approve"?
chrisso909

Post by chrisso909 »

that could work better yes..