Triple Attack Pick Ups

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.
chrisso909

Triple Attack Pick Ups

Post by chrisso909 »

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to put this one forward to you all, I am playing as a repair ship at the moment and I just got a triple attack on someone via pickup...

This has always seemed weird for a repair ship capability but I've accepted it in the past. However, if you read all the descriptions about repair ships, they dont add up at all!! The descriptions all say that repair ships have no weapons so really this triple attack pickup doesnt work for repair ships...) "Tripper philosophy, forbids it from carrying weapons"

Would it not be better to have a triple attack pickup equivalent for a repair ship, i.e. triple repair pickup instead for a repair ship on its friendlies?

Just one to ponder.. :)
calundra
Developer / Administrator

Re: Triple Attack Pick Ups

Post by calundra »

Let's face it how often would you do pickups as a repper if someone in the sector needed repairing?
JackBlackIV

Post by JackBlackIV »

I'd like the idea of being able to choose on a triple pickup...

The idea behind attack pickups is, that you pick up a laser cannon (or something like that) that's floating around, and then fire it's one (or triple) shot. However, according to ancient manuals:
Over the years, legions have tried to add weapons to the craft, and discovered that when they do, the nanobot system somehow stops working...
So, using an attack pickup should disable repair ability for the tick. Also, a free / triple attack should enable free / triple repair on friendly ships (could be useful in home base sector, where own base is damaged and a repper is doing pickups).
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

calundra wrote:Let's face it how often would you do pickups as a repper if someone in the sector needed repairing?
I would if it enabled me to rep cloaked ships or in situations where normal reps might not save the damaged ship.
chrisso909

Post by chrisso909 »

This all sounded like positive feedback, why was this never considered in the end???
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

It's a fantastic idea and one I'm still pushing for in game and out of game. I think the main reason it didn't get implemented at the time was due to the lack of free time and lack of help that the admins had at the time. This is something that we (hopefully) will see included among all the changes that we've been seeing lately.