Going Rogue

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.
Aftermath

Re: Going Rogue

Post by Aftermath »

Hulagu_Khan wrote:Yeah it makes sense like that, just seems that a rogue, shouldnt have the ability of such a good ship, when it is restricted to no team, so they can hit everyone even other rogues :\ I mean a lvl 5 cloaker, would be as good or better than a cruiser no? the 2.5k hp would be the +side of being on a team
Again, that would depend on what ship they had at the beginning of the game. Kinda hard to have a lvl 5 cloaker if the pilot started as anything other than a cloaker.

Bear in mind that the rogue cruiser is at a MASSIVE disadvantage since they will most likely end up the bigger target in any firefight given that they can't be repped by other ships, can't take advantage of comms, and will most likely have at least one legion (i.e. the one they abandoned) targeting them out of spite.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

What we had was two people who know each other in real life helping each other even if it meant screwing their own legion. That just doesn't sit right. Until last game we didn't even need to spell it out in the rules but if clarification is needed I confirm that's not how we want the game to be played in future and is covered by the rule "Players should adhere to the spirit of fair play." "The decisions of the administrators are final" and how the last game was played is not acceptable. All players should play the game neutrally and not gang up with their real life mates / family.
Scyza

Post by Scyza »

Aftermath, I guess I shouldn't have brought this to a personal level - I thought it was pretty clear though that everyone in this thread was, in fact, talking about what happened during the frantic, so I didn't think much of it.

In any case, I want to make something clear as well - it was not my intention to make any accusations at all. I don't blame anyone for going rogue, it's their choice. To me, personally, it has never been an option so far, which is why I stated that it doesn't seem "right" to me. I put this in quotation marks on purpose because it only reflects my own gaming morals, which do not hold any value for anyone beside me. I am perfectly aware that other people have different or even no such morals in games at all. In the end everyone plays to enjoy their game most and that's perfectly alright with me.

Thanks for clearing up what actually happened on your legion, I was not aware of it. I can only tell you that to the other legions (Bors and Tibs) it looked as though you and the Krils were constantly working together, flying together, sitting in the same sectors without shooting at each other. According to you that is not how it was, but I can assure you that it looked that way to the rest of us.
Hulagu_Khan

Post by Hulagu_Khan »

Aftermath, I wasn't simply saying/referring to you, I just was meaning in general :| Just seems like something that should be.. imo I mean
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

Oh I know, and fully understand, and believe me, I took no offense. I just find it incredibly frustrating that because I do know players in real life, (which is how I even know about this game), the second I shoot/don't shoot them or form a NAP with their legion I'm immediately accused of cheating. It's just a little frustrating. BY definition, if I were an LC, I technically could never tell my legion not to shoot someone that I personally know, or simply not shoot them myself, or forming a NAP with their legion, since it could be defined as playing favorites. (I know that's a stretch but after last game that's how I see it happening). I know how it looked from a different legions perspective since it's not that hard to imagine, the thing that bothered me is that it just seems that everyone jumps to the wrong conclusions due to speculations, without trying to figure out the facts.

As for this thread, I was trying to stay impartial and point out why restricting players that wish to go rogue to non-capitol ships isn't very fair, a point you and I are in full agreement on. I knew right away that it was my actions that brought this topic around, and the points I made are still valid. I hope that my clarification on exactly why I left the Jax helps to validate my points. Whether or not everyone agrees is irrelevant to me, I just want to play and have fun, part of which is discussing the game and how it can be changed to make it better.

I do apologize for some of my actions last frantic, and can assure you that it will not be a problem again. I'm here to play the game and have fun like everyone else.
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

Hulagu_Khan wrote:Aftermath, I wasn't simply saying/referring to you, I just was meaning in general :| Just seems like something that should be.. imo I mean

I'm aware of that, otherwise my guess is that you would have mentioned me (or rather my nick) in the first place. No hard feelings on my end ^.-
iceblink

Post by iceblink »

If going rogue in a cruiser is blocked, don't you think the persons who would have rogued will simply vac for the rest of the game?
Hulagu_Khan

Post by Hulagu_Khan »

Shouldnt :/ I mean going rogue is just so you can shoot/kill everyone's ships/hw's :/ Not necessarily to make top end ship and then start, no? :|
Scyza

Post by Scyza »

Well.. most of us here seem to be in agreement that restricting going rogue to non-cruisers is not the way to go.

Talking about cheating is a little too much if you ask me, especially since it was a frantic and I regard frantics kinda like a free-for-all, just have fun. Anyway, let's not have this whole thing get blown out of proportion, no harm's done and by the time next beta starts no one's gonna care. :D