Going Rogue

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.
Hulagu_Khan

Going Rogue

Post by Hulagu_Khan »

Ok, I like the option of this greatly!, but I would like to say, that I would prefer that cruisers be team bonus ships there for unable to go rogue after obtaining one, atleast while your homeworld is alive still. If you stick with your team, long enough to get a 75k score (think I'm right here lol), then go the whole way, but to stick with team, get a cruiser then go rogue, thats just wrong imo :/
Lobby

Re: Going Rogue

Post by Lobby »

Im in agreement, i fell if you have a cruiser and want to go rouge you lose the cruiser. Maybe get a choice of rogue ships?
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

The reason for going rogue is because the player is unhappy with their legion, whether it's activity, tactics, or how they are being treated by their fellow pilots. Having a certain ship type should not prevent them from leaving, or penelize them for doing so.

Something to remember, the pilot is the one who had to put the work in to earn a cruiser, not the legion, so if they were goin to be "legion bonus ships" then the system would need to be changed to reflect that. In all reality, going rogue with a cruiser makes the pilot a pretty easy target as it is.
Hulagu_Khan

Post by Hulagu_Khan »

But if they are "So Unhappy" then surely they can go rogue "way before" they get 75k points :\
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

That would depend entirely on how many points they were at when they decided to go rogue.

It's possible for a person to become unhappy with there legion for any of the reasons I mentioned at any point in the game. For example, if their legion begins using tactics the player doesn't approve of they might decide to leave, or if their legion is ignoring them when they are trying to help ect. I do agree that it's not a way to garner respect from other players, and in fact will probably make the player a big target (as I mentioned before), but that's just the way the game goes. If players don't want their pilots abandoning them they should work to prevent it by working as a team.

In reality, most pilots that stick with a team long enough to get a cruiser won't leave anyway unless things get really bad.
Scyza

Post by Scyza »

I don't think that a player should have his cruiser taken away for going rogue... it makes no sense. I would like however if the rogue cruiser had a different color, gray or something. A rogue cruiser should not carry its old legion's colors :P

Would actually be nice if that went for all rogue ships!
Hulagu_Khan

Post by Hulagu_Khan »

Well, is why I say let rogue be an option up until getting cruiser ^_^ But once a cruiser is gotten, the players are bound to the team til the death of the cruiser... Even for that matter, could even let rogues get cruisers... say in roids, be the upgrade spot or whatever for them (instead of home worlds) .. Though I'd prefer the cruisers to be a team vehicle, rather than just stick with a team, just long enough to get a cruiser, and zap, you turn rogue directly afterwards :/ Or if that were the case, then not be able to hit your old team members for say 24 hrs .. or something. No sense in... Player getting cruiser, going rogue (say friends on other team or w/e), and killing off all the home world higher lvl ships that may be offline or whatever the case may be, just because you went rogue before they realized it/had time to prepare for it.
Scyza

Post by Scyza »

But people can very well be unhappy with their team and wish to go rogue even after they obtained their cruiser. Of course they could suicide and THEN go rogue - but depending on how late in the game it is they wouldn't be able to do much with their new lvl1 rogue ship.

Bear in mind that many who go rogue do not want to die & join a different legion but rather wish to fight on their own or even aid a different legion, both of which they wouldn't be able to do with a low level ship. I don't think it would be fair to deprive these players of this option..?

Also, I think rogues being able to obtain a cruiser in roids or wherever doesn't make much sense because you get your cruiser (and your new ship) at your home base. Rogues do not have any home base though, where would they get their cruiser from?

I really think the whole business of going rogue makes most sense the way it is now. If in real life someone in the army or whatever decided to betray his own people he could do so any time he wishes and take whatever vehicle he's currently sitting in. I just can't see any good reason for a restriction.

Don't get me wrong, what DarkCrest did there in the frantic didn't seem "right" to me either. But I just don't think the rules need to be changed because of it. Anyway, I thought it better that he goes rogue and abandons the Jax completely than stay Jax while he is, in fact, always flying with the Krils anyway. THAT bothered me a good deal more. Jax and Krils are supposed to be enemies, but a rogue can choose allegiance to whomever he wants to.
Hulagu_Khan

Post by Hulagu_Khan »

Yeah it makes sense like that, just seems that a rogue, shouldnt have the ability of such a good ship, when it is restricted to no team, so they can hit everyone even other rogues :\ I mean a lvl 5 cloaker, would be as good or better than a cruiser no? the 2.5k hp would be the +side of being on a team
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

Bruu wrote:But people can very well be unhappy with their team and wish to go rogue even after they obtained their cruiser. Of course they could suicide and THEN go rogue - but depending on how late in the game it is they wouldn't be able to do much with their new lvl1 rogue ship.

Bear in mind that many who go rogue do not want to die & join a different legion but rather wish to fight on their own or even aid a different legion, both of which they wouldn't be able to do with a low level ship. I don't think it would be fair to deprive these players of this option..?

Also, I think rogues being able to obtain a cruiser in roids or wherever doesn't make much sense because you get your cruiser (and your new ship) at your home base. Rogues do not have any home base though, where would they get their cruiser from?

I really think the whole business of going rogue makes most sense the way it is now. If in real life someone in the army or whatever decided to betray his own people he could do so any time he wishes and take whatever vehicle he's currently sitting in. I just can't see any good reason for a restriction.

Don't get me wrong, what DarkCrest did there in the frantic didn't seem "right" to me either. But I just don't think the rules need to be changed because of it. Anyway, I thought it better that he goes rogue and abandons the Jax completely than stay Jax while he is, in fact, always flying with the Krils anyway. THAT bothered me a good deal more. Jax and Krils are supposed to be enemies, but a rogue can choose allegiance to whomever he wants to.
I agree with pretty much everything you said here, but feel I should clear one thing up, and for the record I wasn't going to go there but since it's becoming personal here we go:

Jax had a NAP with the Krils during the time I was "Always fighting with the Krils" (I assume you mean "alongside"). At that particular time, the Krils had enough firepower to take our ships out any time they felt like it, so a NAP seemed like a good idea, and for the most part, my legion was ok with that. Eventually, they decided to ignore the NAP and begin shooting kril ships thus breaking the NAP, and I had suggested going home so if the Krils came after us we might stand a chance of fighting them off. The Jax voted me out of LC (which is fine as I had told them I'd resign if they didn't like my tactics anyway) and decided to scatter and fight individual battles on their own, and getting killed. I was at around 72k by this point. I sent comms out asking the new LC what he wanted me to do once I got my cruiser since we would be in a position to do some real damage and had ppl logging on at this point. I was ignored for around 7 turns, at which time I had my cruiser, with no new orders or responses, so I left, and was contacted by the krils via Tara's asking for my help, and since no one else did I helped them for the rest of the game. I was open to helping anyone depending on how they went about treating me, (including the Jax).

Yes, it was a jerk move, I'm not denying that, but going rogue in the first place typically is, but I am getting sick of everyone making accusations about it without having all the facts.

I don't expect anyone to change the way they feel about this, I'm just adding more information so that there is no confusion on why I did what I did that frantic. In reality, everyone is going to feel the way they feel about this subject regardless. The point remains the same, any pilot who goes rogue usually will have a good reason for doing so, and should not be restricted by what ship type they have. Every rogue pilot can be attacked at any time by ANY other ship in the game, including the ones they are helping.