[DONE] Points for Scrap

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.
Scyza

[DONE] Points for Scrap

Post by Scyza »

Hello, I'd like to suggest that either collecting or dumping scrap should give points for reppers. Points for installing scrap would make more sense I think.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Re: Points for Scrap

Post by ecvej »

Done. There was a bonus bundle of scrap in NSA at the start of the game and now it has been collected I can announce this change. The bonus bundle won't be in future games so this change won't normally give such an initial boost to reppers.
2ice2bme

Re: [DONE] Points for Scrap

Post by 2ice2bme »

I dont support this change. Too easy as is to get points as a repper.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

It won't be this easy in the future for them on scrap and happy to look at reducing the other score options to balance.
2ice2bme

Post by 2ice2bme »

Overpowered.
Sephiroth

Post by Sephiroth »

Ecvej, even though I agree with rewarding some points for dropping scrap I would strongly reduce the amount of points gained for scrap dropping. 1 point for 10 scrap would already be a start I think.

At this rate reppers get carriers in no time, whereas fighters can't keep up, and bombers are in between (normally).
but thats for next beta I guess :)
Arch

Post by Arch »

Just make it so the amount of scrap you can carry scales with the ship's level.

L1 = 0
L2 = 1000
L3 = 2000
L4 = 3000
L5 = 4000

The L1 not being able to carry scrap is intentional in my design, but they could have the 1000 base and then scale it up to 5000 if that was desired. I think the issue (this round at least) is that the rep ships can carry a full load at L1 and practically skip L1/L2 after a single run with the NSA bundle.
Legion

Post by Legion »

I like this idea Arch, I think it would a good way of keeping scrap important but not making the bonus for getting it overpowering.

I'd say 500 scrap limit for level 1's though ;-)

Also when collecting scrap how about making it costs more then one move say, 1 move collects up to 500 scrap, therefore to collect 5000, would take two turns sitting in NSA ;-)
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

I think as long as you were to limit the amount that NSA generates every tick to a minimal amount, say 200 or so, it should balance out pretty well. That would make it so any scrap runs from a HW to NSA would only gain roughly 1-2k points for a repper if they only did the run. Any combat ship could easily make that in any given turn of ship to ship fighting and then some.

I do like Arch's and Legions suggestions as well though. I do think that any repper should be able to carry scrap. Maybe make it so a lvl 1 repper can carry 1k and go from there. If combined implemented properly, this should promote more conflicts so that reppers can gain quick lvls through grabbing scrap from destroyed ships rather than relying on the free scrap from NSA.
Arch

Post by Arch »

The 500 scrap/move is a really good idea too, I think that in conjunction with the scrap limits per level would make a 1:1 points for scrap very well balanced but still make it important.