Self Destruct button

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.
Anarchist

Self Destruct button

Post by Anarchist »

The current beta where a tri-nap including the strongest legion against a lesser legion is a perfect example of why the Self Destruct button should be brought back. Please consider reinstating it.
Thank you
Aftermath

Re: Self Destruct button

Post by Aftermath »

Kind of like when the legion that was ranked second got there by only attacking the bottom ranked legion for the entire game (withthe exception of 3-4 turns), and refusing to go for any of the higher ranked legions? :p

While I agree with you that it would be nice to have his feature back I don't agree with the reasons you gave. The bors brought it on themselves.

However, there are instances where it is relevant, whether it's due to lack of activity or just being ganged up on by one or more legions for a prolonged period of time, it would be nice to have the option.
3ch3

Post by 3ch3 »

off topic ^^

And stop acting
Anarchist

Post by Anarchist »

I was asking for reinstatement of the SD button.
Maybe I should have left the statement as that. My bad.
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

And I fully with with you. Jax would have utilized it a long time ago and we may have had an acual game this beta.
2ice2bme

Post by 2ice2bme »

yes, i want SD button back
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

*Bump*
Think we could reinstate this feature for the next game ecvej? I've played a couple of betas now where it would have been incredibly handy. Make it so any of the council could activate it, but it would require most of the active players to approve otherwise it disables. (Maybe 75%?). Set it for a 4 turn delay or something.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

I never liked SD because it got over used and just became a way to deny a legion the glory of victory. Requiring players to vote for it rather than vote against it is an improvement though.

There are other things I want to change long before putting this back in (including some ideas you sent to me) but maybe one day it'll come back.
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

Fair enough. I'd rather see some of the others implemented first as well. Maybe put this one on the back burner for future discussion then :)
Truffles

Post by Truffles »

What if you could only SD with the base in the green?