When your HW is Gone

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.
ANThology

Re: When your HW is Gone

Post by ANThology »

I've been away for a couple of years, but losing scans/long range comms with an exploded HW was the norm before I left and always had been as long as I can remember. Makes more sense I think, present game or no.
R34p3r

Post by R34p3r »

Did you keep squad long range coms btw? I do remember squads being important when a HW get blown up to keep track of ships and communicate.
Legion

Post by Legion »

No you only had sector comms.
ANThology

Post by ANThology »

Squads were critical after a HW went boom for a couple of reasons:
reasons
1. Obviously friendly location info, but moreso
2. Squad descriptions usually ended up being used to outline upcoming ship movements in an attempt to coordinate jumps/attacks
R34p3r

Post by R34p3r »

Well, I'm still opposed to taking away long range coms - not for tactical reasons but for the social aspect. I've had much fun on the coms this beta after PK got blown up, the game would have been pretty boring without the possibility to chit chat.
ANThology

Post by ANThology »

Yeah it certainly makes the experience more rogue-like
faulcon

Post by faulcon »

ANThology wrote:Yeah it certainly makes the experience more rogue-like
Complete with Iron-man mode. No dungeon though.

On topic, standard procedure when fighting a dead legion is kill them bottom up, that didn't happen, the krils all got to level 5 and were suddenly hard to kill. Success made them more active which made them more successful. I can't help but think if the jax and tibs had been shooting krils instead of bors in the first few battles after PK was destroyed we wouldn't be having this discussion now.
Arch

Post by Arch »

There was also a strong desire by the core of our team to get revenge on us being bullied and prevent the Jax from winning the game.
2ice2bme

Post by 2ice2bme »

faulcon wrote:
ANThology wrote:Yeah it certainly makes the experience more rogue-like
Complete with Iron-man mode. No dungeon though.

On topic, standard procedure when fighting a dead legion is kill them bottom up, that didn't happen, the krils all got to level 5 and were suddenly hard to kill. Success made them more active which made them more successful. I can't help but think if the jax and tibs had been shooting krils instead of bors in the first few battles after PK was destroyed we wouldn't be having this discussion now.
sorry, but alot of us were level 4 and up, but all cloakers. in 4 different battles, we missed an enemy kill by 2 shots, pilots logging in late, missing a tick, all added up to very very bad luck and performance early game battles. Was very frustrating for me.
2ice2bme

Post by 2ice2bme »

Arch wrote:There was also a strong desire by the core of our team to get revenge on us being bullied and prevent the Jax from winning the game.
Agreed, even talked a couple pilots out of hitting vacation a bit :)