When your HW is Gone

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.
Legion

When your HW is Gone

Post by Legion »

I think there needs to be more effects of a legion once their HW has been blown.

I was thinking once your HW is gone hypering should take 5 moves rather then 3 (reflecting a shortage of fuel supplies)
Also think ships with no hw (including rogues) should take the same as Roids damage each tick turn over (Due to lack of logistic support for parts and such)

It should be tougher for a legion thats lost its HW to operate properly.

Also bring back no LC scans, Sector dom info and long range comms
Butterfly

Re: When your HW is Gone

Post by Butterfly »

Interesting ideas and sound roleplay reasoning for them.
It should be tougher for a legion thats lost its HW to operate properly.
I believe is the general consensus.

It's already the case that it is tougher to operate with a destroyed homeworld, here's a few existing disadvantages we all know about:
* Destroyed ships change legion
* Cannot exchange ships into Capital ships
* Cannot gain new players
* Less likely to be able to use homeworld as a battleground for PDS
* Morale is severely impacted
* Cannot "win" the game

So it's already tougher to operate without a HW, what is under question, is whether it should be tougher than already, right?

In gameplay terms, I think any changes like these are arbitrary, so a poll for each individual setting change might be best, whether they are wanted or not.

My personal opinion is I don't think it's necessary to make HW destruction so bad for a legion that players don't want to play on, VAC or self-destruct/rogue once their HW is destroyed. Actually, just noticed we don't have a self-destruct button.

This opinion doesn't mean that there isn't room for a constructive discussion about non-crippling disadvantages for losing the HW (I borrowed some words from a fellow Kril there), just that obviously the worse a HW post destruction is the more the playstyle after will be cemented towards the rogue, VAC or self-destructed and less optional. In other words, when a HW goes down, players will feel like they don't have any choices, and play will be less open-ended, if it is too bad.

edit: also as pointed out in our legion chat, and I think it's pertinent so I'll bring it here just in case no one else says it in the meantime. Changes shouldn't be based on what happened in one beta, because all of the other betas where a legion immediately folded after losing it's HW count too. Even in this beta, Kril have lasted much longer after losing the HW than the Tibs lasted, so it's specific to one legion not all in this case.
Last edited by Butterfly on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2ice2bme

Post by 2ice2bme »

Tell you what, make it impossible to NAP where 2 higher legions can gang up on the lowest one and blow its hw, and ill consider reading your post seriously. Instead, I will just scroll on by

g'day.

~The only legion to not have its LC blown up~
Last edited by 2ice2bme on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R34p3r

Post by R34p3r »

With roids kind damage and 5 moves to hyper you better just blow up the remaining ships. It makes the game sort of unplayable without a HW.

I don't mind losing scans like it used to be, I'd hate losing coms as they are way more important than just coordinating the legion - without the chitchat the game is boring.

Just don't blame us for your legion being unable to kill a handful of ships that went out to take revenge for your ganging up.
Sephiroth

Post by Sephiroth »

Legion, It is something which can be discussed, but as far as I know 90% of the legions cripple when losing their homeworld. Sometimes there are 2-4 ships who hang around. Either cloackers or cruisers. Sometimes a carrier manages and then you might get more. But in general the thing that happened this beta with the krills becoming such a dominant influence doesn't happen.

Losing scans is fair, although it wouldn't have hurted us since we had close cooperation with the bors (could've been with or without ingame comms if we wanted). Taking standard damage, higher hyper costs, are measures which promote immediate selfdestruct, and vacation mode/quitting by those players. Since the game will be unplayable for them if they want to hang out with their teammates. Makes you lose players.

ANd as 2ice2bme wrote: who started ganging up vs bors and then later vs the weakest legion? Jax. SOrry if jax and tibs hadn't napped vs the weakest legion our hatred wouldn't have been as high. You sealed your own fate there. All of us would fight till you guys would be dead, thats the morale you created among us. We had the luck that our crew was experienced and had tons of fun together.

<3 anarchist and piggy for fighting till they died!
Legion

Post by Legion »

Fair enough points guys, this is what new feature discussions is all about :-)
Legion

Post by Legion »

@2ice
Dude, just brain storming ideas chill out ;-)
Legion

Post by Legion »

BTW guys at any point in my post have mentioned any moaning about the current beta.....no! that was not my intention I'm just posting ideas that came to me.

If you guys want to start a bitch fest please keep it to chit chat and don't involve me....many thanks :-)
2ice2bme

Post by 2ice2bme »

So you create a list of things you want change that coincidentally all would wipe the krills off the mep, in this beta, once its going badly for you. No harm in trying though.

Then accuse us of starting a bitch fest and leave you out of it? That is a quality of passive aggressive trolling that belongs on reddit. Truly. well done.
Sephiroth

Post by Sephiroth »

Legion, its fairly obvious, when including facebook that the reason for you to post this was the current beta. And that is ok, you can start a discussion because of a given situation. The main point in my previous post is however that we should not change things just based on one beta and that looking at previous beta's we can see that normally it doesnt work out this well. I also think that I've pointed out fairly well what happened and what the cause was this beta. It's not often that you see the #1 and #3 legion gang up on the far weaker #4 legion.

Discussion about it is fine but lets not change stuff because something happened once, thats a wrong approach to my experience as game admin.