incentives for Being LC

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.
Legion

incentives for Being LC

Post by Legion »

LCing is a thankless job in TVS, this the reason most players avoid it like the plague.

I think we need to work out an incentive that makes LCing a more attractive proposition.

I'm thinking of a few ideas.

1. LC's receive plus 5 points to each of their Ship stats Shields Speed and Weapons (this only lasts as long as you are LC) or.
2. LC's receive points for each ship their Legion destroys, 100 for lvl1, 200 for lvl2, 300 for lvl 3, 400 for lvl4, 500 for lvl5, 750 for Cruisers/Carriers and 1000 for HW's or
3. LC's gain and extra 5 points on their Piloting and combat/repair whilst the Hold the position.
Butterfly

Re: incentives for Being LC

Post by Butterfly »

* I agree, but on different grounds, not that it's thankless necessarily, but it requires a (sometimes much) heavier workload than ordinary play, having an active LC that cares about the legion winning as a whole is a significant advantage.

* If this were implemented a few players might poll for the LC position not because they're suited, active or esp. care about winning as a whole, but because of the extra ship stats and points.

I would suggest a slight alteration/compromise then:
LC receive an additional ~5 points to Ship Speed and Shields, with self-repair set to 200 in non-Caps (while they hold the position).
LC only receive this benefit at 95-100% vote confidence. (or whatever amount seems to balance well vs 2nd starred point)
LC receive this benefit regardless once a Homeworld has been destroyed (to cancel out rogue voting, and only applies late game)

Then it's not a huge advantage, hopefully will benefit those LC that are doing well or popular choices with legion, and is better than nothing, since most players don't want to be LC generally.
2ice2bme

Re: incentives for Being LC

Post by 2ice2bme »

One problem with your guys suggestions.

Any active member of an opposing legion can figure out who the enemy LC is by watching for exactly what you are describing tick to tick.