- Collateral Blob Damage

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.
Itsje

- Collateral Blob Damage

Post by Itsje »

Just a little idea... it is not much, but i trow it in the group anyway...

The blob up thing is from the start of TVS a problem. The most active blob wins and individual small squadrons are almost of no use...

So i was thinking how to counter that, and this is the idea..

A Blob can contain only out 10 ships max in a sector. If there are 11 the sector is to crowded and the ships start bumping into eachother, resulting in damaged shields. The damage will be a lot higher then normal. 15 % shield damage each turn.
( NSA HW,s and Roids should be excluded )

This will encourage full Squadrons and also needs some better coordination. we should get Squad fights all over the place..
And that is Something we all like..

-- what do you think ?? is it something or is it nothing...
- - Sleep is still for the weak - -
In need of a good E-Mail Adres ? Mailhaven works like a charm.
Seraphim

Re: - Collateral Blob Damage

Post by Seraphim »

I actually like the idea behind it. Thought of something similar myself but then figured that in the end I suppose that's what TVS people want, but if its not then we should work on it :D

How about this. Different squads in 1 sector (apart from roids, HWs) are less effective, and receive like 5-15% more dmg and do 35-50% less damage. So pretty much Itsje's idea but then a bit more specifically squad-based.

1) This forces a legion to form well-balanced squadrons.
2) Encourages a little more leadership participation.
3) A centralized leadership is an option still, in case there is not enough leadership participation.
4) And like Itsje said, full squads, smaller battles, less blobbing, squad fights.

Just a rough idea to continue with Itsje, not worked out well or anything.
Sephiroth

Post by Sephiroth »

Its a nice idea to work out. I was afraid that if TVS gets big again (say a 100-150+ actives) the legion battles become too harsh. and I doubt many people are motivated to start over all the time after hard work.

encouraging squad battles would definitely be nice. Keeps it more spread, adds to tactics (squad 1 battles, the other squad stands by to hit a fallback sector of the enemy per example). and we could even consider a bigger map (or is that blasphemy?)
Zypher
Administrator

Post by Zypher »

seems interesting for sure.