Points for repping planet

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.
Demolition

Points for repping planet

Post by Demolition »

Current it looks like reppers get no points for repairing their homeworld. It seems to me that's rather unfair considering how well bombers level off blowing up a chunk of them atm. Point and case the tibs this game have gone from last to first just by going from unprotected planet to unprotected planet and bombing it. Valdano has done the same. If reppers get points for repping planets(even half value of the rep) its somewhat discouraging to do random bombings as you will be getting points but also feeding an opposing legions reppers if you dont finish the job.
Flint

Re: Points for repping planet

Post by Flint »

There's already a plan to make points for bombers less high - hopefully in line with damage done - so when that happens there'll be less need. I think reppers have it okay, because there's almost always someone to heal anyway, and they tend not to get shot. I think that if reppers got points for repairing home planets then legions like the Jax in this game would become a nightmare to kill because they'd be able to undo most of the damage done to their planet, and pretty much just drag it out until PDS forced everyone out.

I agree that points for bombers are too high though.
Demolition

Re: Points for repping planet

Post by Demolition »

Flint wrote:There's already a plan to make points for bombers less high - hopefully in line with damage done - so when that happens there'll be less need. I think reppers have it okay, because there's almost always someone to heal anyway, and they tend not to get shot. I think that if reppers got points for repairing home planets then legions like the Jax in this game would become a nightmare to kill because they'd be able to undo most of the damage done to their planet, and pretty much just drag it out until PDS forced everyone out.

I agree that points for bombers are too high though.
On the other side of things what incentive is there to rep the planet at present?

Notta, why should reppers bother repping the planet? The only incentive is so you have more time to make it back home before x legion blows it up. If reppers got even half rep value in points for it the legions have to really consider when to bomb planets and when not to. Do you feed the ajax reppers this game by bombing it early for points or do you kill off a few jax reppers out in the field and then bomb it when they have less of a repping force?

I'm not saying make reppers get full points + bonus. just half points and no bonus. And as a repper this round I can tell you bombers and even some fighters are easily slipping past me because i do NOT always have a target to rep. :P