The big thread of things still to do

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.
piggycape

Re: The big thread of things still to do

Post by piggycape »

-1 lvl :P
idontknow

Post by idontknow »

Not sure if this is the right thread to do so but I didn't want to create a new one for this rather small suggestion:

What do you think about adding the ship name and type to the ship images in the rankings and (especially) scanner screens when putting your cursor over them (either as alternate text or JS via onmouseover)? It should help new players to get a better idea and should be a matter of only a few minutes to implement.

I'm struggling to differ between light and heavy bombers and light fighters/cloakers of at least one legion regularly. I have no problem admitting that :P

PS: So far the ship images have numerical file names so this isn't a help either.
whykt

Post by whykt »

Guardsmon wrote:Messages flags.

We used to be able to flag a message as important. It would be great to get it back :)
Seconded, or use all caps :)
calundra
Developer / Administrator

Post by calundra »

idontknow wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread to do so but I didn't want to create a new one for this rather small suggestion:

What do you think about adding the ship name and type to the ship images in the rankings and (especially) scanner screens when putting your cursor over them (either as alternate text or JS via onmouseover)? It should help new players to get a better idea and should be a matter of only a few minutes to implement.

I'm struggling to differ between light and heavy bombers and light fighters/cloakers of at least one legion regularly. I have no problem admitting that :P

PS: So far the ship images have numerical file names so this isn't a help either.
I've added a "title" to the ship image, can you let me know if that has helped?
Steak

Post by Steak »

I was wondering whether it would be useful to have an observer login added - a few players seem to drop in and join a team (by the looks of it) just to see what's going on, instead of actually contributing to the team, therefore taking up a space in which an active player could have filled. Because the players are evenly distributed among the 4 teams, this can cause inbalances of activity. Just a thought! :)
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Yeah should be easy to do. Any thoughts on what they should be able to see? Maybe just rankings?
Steak

Post by Steak »

Yeh rankings and maybe the general map with legion colours minus scans.
JackBlackIV

Post by JackBlackIV »

or just the ability for the council to kick out non-playing players, or only count players that played the last x ticks, compared to how you can vote ppl for lc ;)
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Cal's idea: make it easier to join legion channels via the web based irc client.
JackBlackIV

Post by JackBlackIV »

Also make authentication mandatory if a pilot logs on with his pilot name :)

Edit: could be combined with auto login from the comms section in-game.