The big thread of things still to do

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.
Zypher
Administrator

Re: The big thread of things still to do

Post by Zypher »

cool idea but probally something that would be added after we shake off all the bugs.
Seraphim

Post by Seraphim »

Downside with implementation like you suggested is that if your ship is destroyed and there is nobody mining (or all the mining ships are destroyed), where do you go then? Won't be good for the game if you need to wait 5 days just to get back into a ship. Also how would you prioritize reviving the dead?

Mining for upgrades would be pretty interesting to look at.
Aquila

Post by Aquila »

When game start each legion has a certains amonth of resources to produce ships. But for the goodness of the legion mining operations 'd start as soon as possible to restock the legion warehouse. We 'd also remember that a mining ship needs more less resource to be built than a military ship (it's very real this option I suppose).

Can I suggest the list of resources to build ships ?

- iron (to harvest in Asteroids Field and NSA sector in large quantities less in SC, TMC, MH and DH). Mining ships needs only few quantities of iron to be built.
- cobalt (to harvest in other areas like CT6, Perosis, Acrador and Dragor). To build Conventional Military ships
- iridium (to harvest only in Asteroids Field and in NSA sector). To build Cruiser and Carrier ships

Assuming ...

- Mining ships need only few iron to be built.
- Conventional Military ships need iron and cobalt to be built
- Cruiser and Carrier ships need iron, cobalt and iridium to be built

Of course the quantities requested to build increase from Mining ships to Cruiser ones.

During mining operations to harvest iron we need few time ... to harvest cobalt we need more time to obtain the same quantity of metal ... to harvest iridium we need more and more time to obtain the same quantity of metal. What about you ?
Last edited by Aquila on Sun May 01, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aquila

Post by Aquila »

We can dispose if a legion don 't have enough resources to build at least mining ships also pilots, when die, go to other legions. Do you agree ?
Aquila

Post by Aquila »

Ah ... if you pilot a mining ship you can gain points while harvesting in the same way of repair ships. We can target the asteroids in the sectors and shot them to harvest. Target asteroids is avaible only for mining ships.
Zypher
Administrator

Post by Zypher »

you have the basic ships auto revive, but the upgraded ships are lost and must be rebuild using the scrap. really cool idea similar to nemesis war. but i loved that of the game.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Nice ideas Aquila. Would deffo be a future thing though after we've got all the missing features in before we could make changes like that. However, the whole point of doing this recode is to make changes easier and quicker to do!

ps anyone know what happened to NW? It looked dead when I went there last week.
Zypher
Administrator

Post by Zypher »

well neha left twomt or something around that and that was like a year ago., twomt was doing everything him self and i think that wore him down, havent been a update on there for a very long time.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Well if anyone knows any NW players, send them a message, TVS might see them through until twomt comes back.
Zypher
Administrator

Post by Zypher »

good call ill have to look on my MSN account.