temp fix 4 bombers

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.
iceblink

temp fix 4 bombers

Post by iceblink »

if the real fix is difficult, can we reduce bonuses next round?
now it is 100*level
i think 75*(level-1) would be better
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Re: temp fix 4 bombers

Post by ecvej »

It should be back to the old formula now. It was only ever a 5 minute job but never considered it important enough to do :P
iceblink

Post by iceblink »

I think it's become pretty important. The top 15 does not contain fighters, our legion talked about "just taking a bomber" next beta, and I have to admit I myself thought of just taking a bomber and going all piloting (doesnt matter for the bonus points anyway).

Thanks for the fix :-)
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Well let's keep an eye on it and we can take adjust it again if we want more fighters in the next rounds
TumNarDok

Post by TumNarDok »

i think the root of evil is player numbers

- if we can get to blobs of 20-30 again then you get a nice mix of things,
- if we ever have only blobs of 10 (or say a frantic with max 5), then there is no other choice than have lots bombers in order to have a round ending within a non-boring amount of time.
Fwiffo

Post by Fwiffo »

It should even out nicely with the change I think. There was a good mixture of ships back on the old site, with only cloakers being underrepresented (but that should change now with their nifty new features).
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

New nifty cloaker feature is getting cloaked decoys. Also this idea might help with legion distribution http://www.violetsector.com/agora/viewt ... p?f=4&t=63
Jhyphi

Post by Jhyphi »

I think the change is good. We'll see how it plays out.

You actually DO want bombers to level faster than fighters. Reasoning being that 2 ships of equal level, a fighter and a bomber, the fighter is stronger in ship to ship combat. So got to make up for that somehow.
Seraphim

Post by Seraphim »

Even I was thinking about going bomber next round :P
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Jhyphi wrote:I think the change is good. We'll see how it plays out.

You actually DO want bombers to level faster than fighters. Reasoning being that 2 ships of equal level, a fighter and a bomber, the fighter is stronger in ship to ship combat. So got to make up for that somehow.
bombers auto rep.. is that not a feature in their favor in a fighter to bomber comparison?

In fact that was the biggest reason why we left the roids battle. your bombers where pilot heavy and had auto rep which made roids a very bad place for us to fight you. Yet when we sat outside your HW in 81103 you wouldn't come play there.