The big thread of things that are wrong

Report bugs and errors found in the game.
VoxDei
Administrator

Re: Firefox fail

Post by VoxDei »

Error message at home is "Access was denied. If you continue to receive this message please post on the forum." Firefox 27.0.1 running on Windows Vista.

Slightly weirdly, if I press the Repair button I get a funny drop-down with the message from the top of the main computer screen, but it doesn't log me out. If I try and send a taunt it drops me back to the main login screen with the message in a red error box on the front page.

EDIT: HTTPS version is also broken.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Thanks for info Vox. Have you got a privacy extension installed? The error is because your browser isn't sending a HTTP_REFERER header. My firefox works but I'm not on Vista so it could be that or an extension. Need to think about how to fix as the HTTP_REFERER check is used to stop CSRF attacks.
VoxDei
Administrator

Post by VoxDei »

Erm... only thing I've got really is Adblock Plus, but I've got that at work and that's the thing I turned off. Don't have anything else that should matter really, and I've got that at work as well.
Junie

Re: The big thread of things that are wrong

Post by Junie »

I can't hyper using the NCF (flash) option. When I double click on the sector it logs me out and says "access denied". My work computers have Internet Explorer 8 so I can't use the normal Navcom option.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Hi mate. I can see what the problem is and will try and fix it tonight. In the mean time, if it sends you to a page like:

http://www.violetsector.com/navcom_hype ... tination=X

Then just change the url to use https and it should hyper you where you want to go.
Junie

Post by Junie »

Thank you - I'm able to hyper using the Java link so its not a massive deal. Thanks.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

I just encountered a strange thing. I had nearly full HP in the roids(level 5) and did a tripple attack on david for 2445 damage as I was cloaked, and I immediately died.

I was a full combat cloaker which may have influenced the damage done back to me, but in all the time playing TVS never knew the backlash could be that much. not sure if working as intended or a bug.

a really frustrating one, that is it for me this round guys. I was enjoying being the third party after our HW was destroyed.

if it is intended, that is pretty game breaking for me. GL everyone with the rest of the round :oops:
David

Post by David »

Durandal wrote:I just encountered a strange thing. I had nearly full HP in the roids(level 5) and did a tripple attack on david for 2445 damage as I was cloaked, and I immediately died.

I was a full combat cloaker which may have influenced the damage done back to me, but in all the time playing TVS never knew the backlash could be that much. not sure if working as intended or a bug.

a really frustrating one, that is it for me this round guys. I was enjoying being the third party after our HW was destroyed.

if it is intended, that is pretty game breaking for me. GL everyone with the rest of the round :oops:

Whether it's intended or not, it was pretty funny. Revenge for all the shots I'd taken from you and Vincent Vega. :)
JackBlackIV

Post by JackBlackIV »

Durandal wrote:I just encountered a strange thing. I had nearly full HP in the roids(level 5) and did a tripple attack on david for 2445 damage as I was cloaked, and I immediately died.

Yeah, I've done that a couple of times. Back in 2004 ish ;-)
Nivara

Post by Nivara »

The ticker is off timewise by over two minutes. When the round started, I tried to log in to use my moves about three minutes before the turn hit, and it was too late... This is in comparison with several devices and servers which use NTP to update their time.

It's a minor annoyance, really, but it could cause confusion down the road..