Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

General forum for chat and banter.
Clementus

Re: Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

Post by Clementus »

Aye a straight forward (can only be done in HW/on 0 points and uses 5 movement points) should work.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Fwiffo wrote:I'd like swapping ships, so we can tell all the fools to get a cloaker!
I just suggested a ship count for when your on the ship selection page. Might be a nice alternative to ship swapping. This way when the game first starts or when you die you can see how many of each ship your legion has and make a solid choice on what ship is needed most by the legion.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Remarkably good and familiar idea ;-)
Fwiffo

Post by Fwiffo »

Demolition wrote:
Fwiffo wrote:I'd like swapping ships, so we can tell all the fools to get a cloaker!
I just suggested a ship count for when your on the ship selection page. Might be a nice alternative to ship swapping. This way when the game first starts or when you die you can see how many of each ship your legion has and make a solid choice on what ship is needed most by the legion.
That's an improvement over the current situation, but doesn't allow for more creative legion setups. Imagine having the game open since Turn -8 and telling everyone on the legion to swap over to a cloaker, it would be amazing fun. Or try having a full legion of bombers and just do hit and run attacks on planets all game. Or agree for everyone to try to get 50% full repping repair ships and 50% full combat fighters in order to kill everything immediately. There's very little discussion of ship types or stat point usage currently because of the near random selection of ships that a legion gets, it would add a whole lot to the game.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Attack again button is in for testing. It should disappear when insufficient moves and not appear for reppers / carriers after they use a pickup.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Repair again button in now too.
Seraphim

Post by Seraphim »

\o/ works like a charm so far!
Leonidas

Post by Leonidas »

ecvej wrote:Full scans makes testing things easier so they'll be staying for a while. Not sure about the future though, open to ideas in the new features forum.
Yes i agree with all the others as well, takes alllll the fun out of the game when your in the red trying to run, but its an LC or VC trying to nuke you, they use 2...wait to see where you go tell everyone else, follow, and then you die. Lame.

P.S.- can we just block pheqs or w.e. from even being able to open the site. No good rougeing FOR NO REASON teammate. Who literally goes out of his way to kill bunnies and make people not want to play nemore if theyre new....
Fwiffo

Post by Fwiffo »

This is an interesting game. I suggest a race to see who can get the first Ajaxian kill.

EDIT: Congrats on whoever killed Numskull, 28 turns for the first Jax death! Shows the power of mass repair ships.
Arch

Post by Arch »

Yes i agree with all the others as well, takes alllll the fun out of the game when your in the red trying to run, but its an LC or VC trying to nuke you, they use 2...wait to see where you go tell everyone else, follow, and then you die. Lame..
The problem with full scans isn't this, since you can easily avoid that by changing when you jump.

The overall strategy is different now since you know fleet movements as a leader the moment they happen. Granted there were tools like rankings scans available that people used in the past but they were not 100% accurate and took some work to get right.