The big thread of things that are wrong

Report bugs and errors found in the game.
EyeContact

Re: The big thread of things that are wrong

Post by EyeContact »

After ecvej's post I tried the scrolling with 2 finger technique and it does indeed work. I find it not very convenient, but it's better than no scrolling at all.

I find it hard to hit buttons in the main menu sometimes too, even when zoomed in. Do you have any problems with that? IMO some more height inside or spacing between the buttons would help.

Overall everything works and I couldn't play this for more than 3 ticks per day without my phone 

* sent from my iPhone
calundra
Developer / Administrator

Post by calundra »

iceblink wrote:When cloaked, and pickups give you a triple, you get a list of enemies, but you are not able to fire at anyone. Presumably because you are cloaked. But then i suggest a message about why you can't shoot anyone is shown, rather than a list of ships with no option to shoot any of them (very frustrating indeed!)
When cloaked all attack pickups (free or triple) don't work. Need to decide if this is a bug or a feature, I think bug.

Fixed.
calundra

Post by calundra »

When I get a pickup that I don't use (i.e. triple attack) it still shows up in last 5 moves (which is fine) but random hyper gate pickups that I don't use don't show up, not sure if they show when used.

Fixed, but might have broken RHG, hopefully not though, just hard to test. Did break it slightly, but not seriously, just the log. Fixed now.
calundra

Post by calundra »

Attack again button shows up when you've just attacked with a pickup, maybe this should be a search again button to search for another pickup.
calundra

Post by calundra »

::Congratulations::
You have been elected Legion Commander

This message you get when you've been elected doesn't go away when you click resign position. I'm guessing that clicking the legion controls button clears it, but clicking resign lets you use the legion controls but when you go back to main computer you still have the message, even though you have resigned.
kandaar

Post by kandaar »

Is the no-jump window leftover from the frantic?
Wasn't it supposed to be the last 15 and first 5 mintes during beta's?
My Nose runs, and my Feet smell.... Guess I'm built backwards
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

It's 10 minutes (600 seconds) and 5 minutes (300 secs) this game http://www.violetsector.com/config.php
KiLLeRKoRN

Found a bug

Post by KiLLeRKoRN »

Tick 34 KiLLeRKoRN attacked idontknow
Tick 34 KiLLeRKoRN attacked idontknow

i was cloaked and for a free attack, and the attack again button came up, i hit that and it let me attach again, would probably have let me attack again if i had more moves...

surely if cloaked you can only attack with the free and not all 5 shots....
Anarchist

Post by Anarchist »

The automatic email that tells you that you have died is not been generated.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

calundra wrote:When I get a pickup that I don't use (i.e. triple attack) it still shows up in last 5 moves (which is fine) but random hyper gate pickups that I don't use don't show up, not sure if they show when used.

Fixed, but might have broken RHG, hopefully not though, just hard to test. Did break it slightly, but not seriously, just the log. Fixed now.
I'm not sure I like this now:

:Last 5 moves by you::
Tick 84 Pickup (300 points)
Tick 84 Pickup (Triple attack)
Tick 84 Pickup (None)
Tick 84 Pickup (None)
Tick 84 Pickup (Triple attack)

I didn't use the attacks so what were my actual moves this tick? Maybe we could show more than 5 entries if all in same tick?