The big thread of things that are wrong

Report bugs and errors found in the game.
Anakin

Re: The big thread of things that are wrong

Post by Anakin »

Turn 118 in Ajaxus
Turn 123 Roverino in TMC

And I can`t care less of what the lvl 1 feels. It is a enemy ship one jump away from my damaged HW, while I have ships that will not stay and I don`t want to give scans nor do I want to have anyone outside a nice and organized enemy blob. I might want to try and get a decoy to keep sector domination or send one of my OWN lvl 1`s or w/e. But a lvl 1 4 sectors away of the blob is too far away from home...

Translation: Lvl 1 too far away and in a sector that bugs me...

So my question remains: WHY do I get penalty for doing what I SHOULD be doing? Because right now it surely looks like I put what a person might feel or not (which in "Dress My Barbie" can be an issue, but not in a war game, where ships kinda blow up) ahead of the actual gameplay and sector domination. A ship is a ship, period.

If you want to go further than this let`s bring forth arguments: if you are a lvl 1 mid game you lvl up really fast; if you DO get shot down, then your shooter was an idiot for wasting shots for vanity and not on what actually can damage his/her legion. HOWEVER, you DO have auto pilot to get you back to the blob ... and shooting a lvl 4 or 5 can lvl up a lvl 1 really really fast.

So it is really only an artificial issue with a real side effect that costs high levels points...

Aditionally... with the number of actives and the size of blobs as it is right now... and with the scans FINALLY decent... you could suicide a lvl 1 to scout... but you can also try to shoot it down in 5 seconds so he doesnt see anything. Do I get -1500 points for trying to DENY scouting?

See? In 2 minutes I managed to give you TWO ACTUAL reasons why this is a bad idea : sector domination and scouting... , while the reason its in is because some don`t have the stomache to play a war game.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Is there a reason why your low lvls cant shoot that lvl 1 to remove scouting and sector domination?

Why does a lvl 4/5 have to do it?

I just removed your excuses, find new ones
Anakin

Post by Anakin »

Demolition wrote:Is there a reason why your low lvls cant shoot that lvl 1 to remove scouting and sector domination?

1. Because it can kill faster
2. Because not always you DO have low levels to shoot
3. Because there are turns in which you have BARELY 2-3 online for a whole turn (euro late night - early morning). So they HAVE to wait for whenever a lvl 1 wakes up THEN moves, if none in sector.. or shoot and get -1500 per shot penalty.

Now.. let`s debate "excuses".

The "excuse" for this abomination to be in the game in the first place is for "the bunny temptation". Well... let`s discuss things:

1. As we all know.. bunny-ing in Roids is a very smart idea
2. As we all know.. bunny-ing in HWs is a very smart idea <-- can be done but meh.. you risk an awful lot for one lvl 1 name that can`t hurt anyone for a good 4 turns period
3. A lvl 1, just as a lvl 2, just as a below 10 HP lvl 5, just as a full HP Cruiser.. is a SHIP...and discrimination between ships sucks
4. A lvl 1 is NOT a target anyway in a big blob fight... if you shoot one "for lulz", well... you have just proven you are an idiot and a liability to your Legion, for wasting a good shot on the current target
5. A lvl 1 being shot in the above example is doing his Legion a SERVICE, by soaking damage. (and by the close calls I`ve seen this beta alone... EVERY shot counts)

I could explain more... but 5 is enough.

I am being actually a nice guy in explaining, but it really boils down to this:

We are losing points for shooting above a 3 levels difference based on arguments OUTSIDE the actual gameplay and which limit actual gameplay.

And to answer in return...

Because the game allows one to. Because the game encourages shooting stuff. Because you want to kill anyone ASAP. Because you have ZERO reasons from the gameplay`s perspective to have such a moronic "feature"
The excuse for the idea to have made it in is found OUTSIDE game boundaries : "How would a pilot feel if poached / bunny-ed". I only brought forth arguments about how this idea interferes with actual gameplay.

Translation: Penalty for shooting a low lvl, as noble as it is, HINDERS / GIMPS / LIMITS normal gameplay. Be it unforseen side-effect, rushed rule or w/e ... it limits actual gameplay for a feeling... in a wargame... with ships...with the sole goal to be the last standing... by screwing the other/s with NAP`s... by farming HW`s for points... by HW camping.... SO no, I don`t have excuses. I have FACTS, as to why this, as noble as it was... screws with the way I shoot stuff... or limits my option to shoot said stuff.. in situations in which I REALLY NEED to shoot stuff.

[EDIT]Also, this is not a debate; I pointed out as a bug an unforseen side-effect of a rule. Unless you can bring forth arguments within the game as to why I am wrong in my first 2 reasons.. feel free. Otherwise.. save yourself some time and move along, please.

[EDIT #2] Full facts. or relevant facts, at least, in my opening post on this page.. or the first post of mine on this page.
redken

Re: Found a bug

Post by redken »

Lethal2Trash wrote:I just respawned and I was put back to the main page after choosing ship but it said DH (not Ajaxus) as my location and it showed my scrap carried and I tried to pick up the scrap in sector (my leftovers from being killed I think) but couldn't. After a few clicks the page renewed itself and everything's back to normal.

Btw am I supposed to be able to go rogue from the start of signing in?
I just had the same thing happen. died in the roids and had an option to collect scrap, but when i pressed the button it said no scrap in sector. clicked on the ships comupter tab and everything want back to normal and couldn't see the roids scrap any more.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Anakin wrote: 1. Because it can kill faster
No points, no reason to kill it faster unless its providing intel on your fleet, then the lvl 4/5 need to decide if its worth it as does the LC.
Anakin wrote: 2. Because not always you DO have low levels to shoot
3. Because there are turns in which you have BARELY 2-3 online for a whole turn (euro late night - early morning). So they HAVE to wait for whenever a lvl 1 wakes up THEN moves, if none in sector.. or shoot and get -1500 per shot penalty.
Irrelevant to the game, once we start advertising again there will be more players and thus more low levels do to increased firepower on all sides etc and more players in general playing means less likely 2-3 online for a whole turn
Anakin wrote: 1. As we all know.. bunny-ing in Roids is a very smart idea
When?
Anakin wrote: 2. As we all know.. bunny-ing in HWs is a very smart idea <-- can be done but meh.. you risk an awful lot for one lvl 1 name that can`t hurt anyone for a good 4 turns period
When?
If your invading a planet killing lvl 1s just means you got shot 5 additional times that turn, granted they only tickly but that is still bigger hit to your shields then if you target higher lvls and make them lvl 1s.
If you are being invaded... its because you are down in points so targeting the enemy lvl 1s..... will not force them out or help you at all in the long run considering you need to gain points as quickly as possible.

Anakin wrote: 3. A lvl 1, just as a lvl 2, just as a below 10 HP lvl 5, just as a full HP Cruiser.. is a SHIP...and discrimination between ships sucks
The discrimination is not against any ship the discrimination is against lvl 5 and 4 ships attempting to shoot low lvl players for pure fun or to add a kill to their score. Its distasteful, unethical, unhonorable, and is a huge turnoff to new players to come into a game knowing 0 about it, to try and do what the LC says and get 2-3 shotted by some lvl 5 ship d-bag.
Anakin wrote: 4. A lvl 1 is NOT a target anyway in a big blob fight... if you shoot one "for lulz", well... you have just proven you are an idiot and a liability to your Legion, for wasting a good shot on the current target
Agreed, why is this a reason?
Anakin wrote: 5. A lvl 1 being shot in the above example is doing his Legion a SERVICE, by soaking damage. (and by the close calls I`ve seen this beta alone... EVERY shot counts)
Same as #4
Anarchist

Session timed out message after logging in

Post by Anarchist »

Yuck!!!! I log in and as soon as I try another link i get the Session timed out Message. Tried rebooting.. tried different browser,,... same deal.. I dont want to dieeeeeeeee.. :)
Anakin

Post by Anakin »

You are half delusional... but I am tired to argue and I`ll put it in less words :

What it is a good rule by its nature and by intention, has an unforseen effect : it makes tactical shooting difficult. Because, as you say, "Its distasteful, unethical, unhonorable, and is a huge turnoff to new players to come into a game knowing 0 about it", only when done on purpose for the purpose of griefing... which, if I REALLY want.. I`ll do anyway. But as it is right now, it penalizes me for shooting ships outside their respective HW`s, that claim sectors, or provide intel, or are , by all intents and purposes, just as ANY OTHER ship, out of position and risking a great deal.

Now... I don`t want to wait a single second to shoot ANY ship... ANYWHERE.

So.. I repeat: While the rule might be a good one... the way it is implemented is flawed. Explanation: while its intention is to avoid harassment (in itself VERY questionable - I will discuss this with you in Chit Chat), one of the effects it creates, hinders gameplay by the 2 reasons above: sector domination and scouting.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

sector domination: If the base is regening more then your killing it... your legion doesnt deserve to win, ec should implement SD for your legion.

scouting: part of the game, if you dont have lvl 3s to blow up the ship, its your loss.

My only thoughs are it should only -1500 for the kill not attacking the ship period.
Anakin

Post by Anakin »

Demolition wrote:sector domination: If the base is regening more then your killing it... your legion doesnt deserve to win, ec should implement SD for your legion.

scouting: part of the game, if you dont have lvl 3s to blow up the ship, its your loss.

My only thoughs are it should only -1500 for the kill not attacking the ship period.
YOU DON`T GET IT!!!!

I am not talking about game mechanics, nor am I looking for your symphathy!

The rule that is supposed to protect low levels HAS AN UNFORSEEN EFFECT!!! Which is the one that it makes them more or less invulnerable to fire from high levels.. unless they are willing to concede 1500 points per shot. And for what? TO see a lvl 1 sit in the middle of a lvl 5 ships blob and lvl up to 3 BEFORE someone can shoot him? ORLY?

Let`s move this crap debate to Chit Chat, because this is a bug report thread, not a debate.
TripledUp

Re: Found a bug

Post by TripledUp »

Same problem as Anarchist, cant click any link cause it will time out my connection over and over