The big thread of things that are wrong

Report bugs and errors found in the game.
calundra
Developer / Administrator

Re: Session timed out message after logging in

Post by calundra »

This seems to happen if you use http://www.tvsgames.com instead of http://www.violetsector.com

I guess the old domain has been changed to point to the new site but for whatever reason the session isn't getting set correctly. I'm hoping ecvej has an idea why and can fix it when he is next online.
iceblink

Re: The big thread of things that are wrong

Post by iceblink »

I think it is a good measure to prevent unnecessary bunnying. A higher level ship will think twice before bunnying if it means losing points.

But you can still do it, it's not like it was taken out of the game. If it is really tactically important i'm sure a legion will be happy to sacrifice a few points.

If you can come up with other measures to prevent unnecessary bunnying i'd be interested to hear them, but so far it's all been about *you*, which seems a bit selfish imho. To you it is just a minor nuisance, to the lvl1 or 2 it means starting all over again from scratch.
iceblink

Post by iceblink »

Sounds like a cookie phenomenon.
Anakin

Post by Anakin »

you MUST be joking...

Did you even READ what was posted so far?

I want to shoot ANY ship NOW! Without points lost for shooting ANY ship in a wargame. If you are in the wrong place, you die. Plain and simple. It only takes more as higher level you are. Just as much, a lower level has to be extra careful. Hardly reinventing the wheel...

And I SHOULD NOT be forced to sacrifice points for shooting ships in a wargame, or pvp (player vs player) environment.

The idea might be good as intention.. but as it is right now, breaks more than it fixes as per the reasons stated above.
iceblink

Post by iceblink »

Your main problem right now is this: this game is not just about YOU!
Anakin

Post by Anakin »

It is a way of explaining at 1st person.

I can also say "ad hominem" attack and ask you to provide gameplay arguments, not twisted morals or points of view.

Care to prove to me why would ANYONE lose points for trying to play the game? Such as denying scouting or sector domination? And what relevance has it to ANYONE`s feeling in the before mentioned cases?
redken

Post by redken »

as much as i hate bunnying losing points for shooting lower level ships is wrong. I would agree that killing a ship you get no points for should not count as a kill, but losing points actually impact on the gameplay. At level 3 you can't down a L1 reliably in two shots if you need to clear scans and then have your legion hyper out. once you have cruisers then no problem as losing points as a cruiser has no impact, but for levels 4 and 5 having to sacrafice points to deny scans to the other legion is unfair.
If you give L1 ships the option to exploit this rule they will. like in the current game if I had a fighter then i would fly it around with the enemy blob to level up, althought now they have cruisers they would be able to kill me I guess unless they wanted the bonus points for their reppers.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Fixed but I suspect the flash / java map may not work for all domains now. If you have problems try logging in to violetsector.com without the www.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Is it a bug to take pds dmg in tibrar for attacking an ajaxian shio?
EwokDude

Post by EwokDude »

Demolition wrote:Is it a bug to take pds dmg in tibrar for attacking an ajaxian shio?
As a non-Tib, no it is not a bug.