The big thread of things that are wrong

Report bugs and errors found in the game.
Islander

Re: The big thread of things that are wrong

Post by Islander »

Not sure if it is a bug:
I can enter a carrier that is on his/her sleep tick? (well, I haven't tried but the button does appear...)
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

ELECTION_LENGTH isn't taken account of at start of game
iceblink

Post by iceblink »

I can see all four private forums now :p

Not that they are that interesting, but still :-D
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Seeing as Zypher stopped showing up, I made you a forum mod (hence the green nick).
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Available training points: 10
Combat skill: 0 (10)

Show to reppers instead of repair skill on level up page. How can no one have reported that already!? Lazy bums :P
streetsoldier

Post by streetsoldier »

I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but the android version of the game isn't working properly, you cannot attack, sometimes you can repair and sometimes you can't. Also sometimes it allows you to move to another sector sometimes it doesn't...
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

EyeContact wrote:I've been playing mainly with my iPhone and there are a couple of issues, as you can see in the image below.

1. Position: fixed
This isn't supported properly in mobile Safari. When zooming in on the page the footer doesn't automatically move to the bottom, which is a problem because then it floats over relevant content elements. You should be able to fix it with a little JS though.

Code: Select all

window.onscroll = function() {
  document.getElementById('fixedDiv').style.top =
     (window.pageYOffset + window.innerHeight - 25) + 'px';
};
2. Scrollable divs with overflow: auto
Mobile Safari disables scrolling on all elements except for the page. I'm not sure if this will be an easy fix but it's really annoying because it's impossible to see more than the last 8 messages and only 7 text lines per message. Also the Legion News is limited to like 6 lines.
Have a look at http://cubiq.org/iscroll-4 that should also work for Android.

Edit: Just realized that for point 2 a much easier solution could be to remove the height of those divs for mobile browsers. The divs will get the height of the content, so the page will get long but scrolling down is easy.
Are these things fixed with the latest safari?
calundra

Post by calundra »

EyeContact wrote:I've been playing mainly with my iPhone and there are a couple of issues, as you can see in the image below.

I've been playing quite a few turns on mine as well.
EyeContact wrote:1. Position: fixed
This isn't supported properly in mobile Safari. When zooming in on the page the footer doesn't automatically move to the bottom, which is a problem because then it floats over relevant content elements. You should be able to fix it with a little JS though.

Code: Select all

window.onscroll = function() {
  document.getElementById('fixedDiv').style.top =
     (window.pageYOffset + window.innerHeight - 25) + 'px';
};
If I'd seen this earlier I'd have already tried this. I'll try it as soon as I can.
EyeContact wrote:2. Scrollable divs with overflow: auto
Mobile Safari disables scrolling on all elements except for the page. I'm not sure if this will be an easy fix but it's really annoying because it's impossible to see more than the last 8 messages and only 7 text lines per message. Also the Legion News is limited to like 6 lines.
Have a look at http://cubiq.org/iscroll-4 that should also work for Android.

Edit: Just realized that for point 2 a much easier solution could be to remove the height of those divs for mobile browsers. The divs will get the height of the content, so the page will get long but scrolling down is easy.
I've not been having any trouble reading comms or legion news (iPhone4 not yet upgraded to iOS5). I use 1 finger to scroll the page and two fingers when I want to scroll comms or legion news. After a while it becomes pretty natural. That said, I'm still looking at ways to make the mobile version work, I keep wanting to scrap it and start again though.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

The thing I was half way through is http://www.violetsector.com/agora/viewt ... t=69#p1766
Anarchist

Post by Anarchist »

This in the bar at the bottom of each game screen.
Current location: Hypering to Tibrar Moves: (ZzZz) Hitpoints: 6935/10000 Score: 63,124
Was in Zzzz last turn. Refreshed the page.. same deal.
Logged off and back in.. still the same.
Only a minor thing.