Ridiculous game!!

General forum for chat and banter.
the_hero

Ridiculous game!!

Post by the_hero »

I've played since beta 3 and never seen anything as pathetic as this.

Firstly a trinap v the weakest legion.

Then tibs run from our base when its red due to a few krills.

Now rather than finishing the game, the ajax are more content with chasin the bor remainder than having a fight.

Iol'd when I logged in and saw the entire ajax blob in 81103,where a lvl 3 inactive and myself were sitting. This game will never end withthese tactics, no wonder there are so few pkayerswith boneheaded tactics like this.

A shadow on the former game. I'm off to tripe and activsted vac mode,please keep chasing. You're sure to win the game deploying these tactics.
JackBlackIV

Re: Ridiculous game!!

Post by JackBlackIV »

It's not the game that's bad, it's the players behaving badly. Everyone shouting it's a bad game should get a new mirror.
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

First: The tri-NAP was against the second strongest legion not the weakest, and only lasted a couple turns anyway.

Second: The Tibs left because their planet was in danger of being destroyed, so instead of giving up the chance to win by finishing off the bors they decided to drive off the krils and have a shot at winning.

You do have a point about the Jax, but in reality they really don't have many options due to the bors keeping their ships down to low lvls the first half of this game. If they fought the tibs head on they'd pretty quickly and the krils are more interested in running.
3ch3

Post by 3ch3 »

See... its all the Bor's fault for picking bombers! :P
iceblink

Post by iceblink »

I blame it on vets not wanting to (or able to) be LC or VCs. With noobs at the helm, you can expect anything to happen. And yes I agree it has been weird. (No offense to the noobs, they are doing great! If it wasn't for noobs the game would be dead already.)
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

That's funny, because it's the vets that are promoting these kind of tactics in most cases, and I obviously can't confirm this for every legion but for the most part it's the vets filling the VC spots at least, if not the LC.
Islander

Post by Islander »

stop whining because you lost. its not like people cheated, the bors did this to themselves... you really think jumping around with four active bombers going cruiser at about the same time and tons of cloakers wouldn't attract attention? jax did the right thing, and the results speak for themselves. i remember they were almost dead and with people going rouge -- now they are no.2 legion. bors should have done more politically if they wanted to avoid a tri-nap, and bombing their potential allies was not gonna win them points.
3ch3

Post by 3ch3 »

Wow, dude... wtf?? :shock:

So a mediocre legion needs to actually *do* something now to prevent a tri-nap against it by the other teams (of which at least 2 are equal or higher strength?)

If the Bors flee like crazy as soon as the Krils or Tibs show up, doesnt tell you something??
Islander

Post by Islander »

yeah it tells me they will just jump the next planet, bomb, then leave once the enemy comes -- and they get rewarded with cruisers while other legions are dying in fleet to fleet battles. smart strategy, and you almost got away with it (if you did, guess who'd be whining?). if you were the other three legions, how would you deal with that? just let them pick up their cruisers?

"mediocre" is based on your perception, not the other legions -- id even go as far and rank you no.1 at that time based on what i saw in the rankings. note that nobody knows if you have active or semi-active players, we just see scores. thats why you have to *do* something politically (like talk with the other LCs). in the short tri-nap the krills were hardly major participants. jax and tibs benifited the most, and once we saw a few big bombers/reppers go down we left and attacked tibrar. anyway my point is, you guys were outgunned and outfoxed by the tibs and jax, just admit it and keep playing instead of all the posts whining about tri-naps... its quite annoying. its a game, and there are always losing sides. it sucks being the first out, but thats reality -- only one side wins.
Hachiman

Post by Hachiman »

What happened to the Bors was unfortunate, but a result of circumstance. A bomber heavy legion is going to bomb, but don't be surprised when no-one likes you levelling up off their HW and avoiding ship to ship combat with enemies of similar strength.