Now that we have led the bors into a false sense of security

General forum for chat and banter.
Aftermath

Re: Now that we have led the bors into a false sense of secu

Post by Aftermath »

A no point did I say that we would have lost if ppl stayed to fight, I said we could have lost. Might want to try actually reading the post you're quoting before you try to troll them. Might also want to stop taking little bits and pieces of said post to pick apart and at least try to understand the point that's trying to be made instead of attacking others on the forums.
archit

Post by archit »

Not at all, I think your too up in arm in your argument to really sit back and look at it impartially.

"Fact is, you all still could have taken us down easily in a head on fight even without a NAP..."
... and ...
"And yes, we did have the game pretty much in the bag pretty early, and would have had it finished a lot sooner if you all had grown some backbones and come after us instead of waiting..."

Learn to look at your own comments a minute at others viewpoints before just attacking those who do not agree with you.

As for the comments that you had the most activity of all legions, it's simply true. Does that take away anything from victory? No. Most games are won based on activity in this game since the very beginning. It had nothing to do with being sore looser when I read it, and just based on frustration of ones legion not really having enough actives to do what they want to be able to do. No one likes being on an inactive side, including you I am sure.

I would say be more polite and calm down. Calling others poor looser is not going to help anyone, sure as winners we all like the recognition we think everyone should give us. Yet in the end, it's just important we ourselves feel accomplishment at our deeds not demanding others.

This discussion would be much more beneficial if it was directed at how to gain more active players, or possible changes to the game to help such.
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

Once again my point is being overlooked, so I'll spell it out in the most basic terms I can: My statement concerning the other legions fighting us- the first part was a hypothetical situation where the second was based on the reality of what happened in game, meaning, because at least half of the ships in the game lacked enough organization to do anything productive, any plan to take us on would most likely have ended with us taking down a majority of the higher lvl ships thus ending the game quicker. I understand that this is most likely why everyone else was hesitant to confront us head on, and had made the comment as a good natured ribbing (thus the ":p" atthe end of it) and apologize for it since it obviously upset ppl.

I'll reiterate this again as well, we did not have the most active legion, we had the most organized legion. Both the Krils and Jax had roughly about the same number of actives initially and oftentimes more, but simply had too many ships off doing their own things. The Tibs are the only legion that suffered from lack of numbers throughout the game. True that no one likes being on an inactive legion, including myself, but it does happen, and more often than naught, a lot of people just go off and do their own thing. As for recognition for winning, personally, I could care less. Winning is simply the objective put in place so that the teams will actually go after each other. I enjoy the stratigec aspect.

As to your comment for me to "calm down": I haven't been angry or upset at any time that I've posted. Any agression that anyone would percieve is their own projection of what they feel my temperment was at the time they read it. Generally, since what I'm posting isn't something they like, they will feel threatend or angry about it. Same goes for the "being polite" comment. I have no way of knowing ahead of time where people's boundries lie, or what will offend them. This is just another example of the new guy getting shut down and ignored by the "vets" in my opinion.
archit

Post by archit »

You are up in arms, that much is clear. You are taking a slight at us "vets" and playing a picked on new guy tone. That is not "percieved" as it is only coming from you.

You are also acting like you have all these facts, when in real fact they are just assumptions. I know for a "fact" that whenever I was on that about roughly 75% of the time you had more actives then we had on the krils. This is just coming from how many of ours were making jumps or ever active within 2-5 ticks. It does amaze me how you were able to gain all the facts you have.

Since you say were were very disorganized, you must have intel on the legion I was on , that I was not. I only had VR scans half the time, and could see how "disorganized" our team was, or in my viewpoint wasn't.

If you really want more "respect" and people taking your viewpoints more seriously, then I would advise taking a more practical viewpoints and less subjective material as your factual basis on your views. Whether you intend to or not you come across to me personally as someone who thinks of themselves too highly and everyone else should just agree with your assumptions.

Now let me make a "fact". We all can only assume on how active other legions are, in compared to our own, without cheating and having multiple logins or have server logs to really show the proven facts.

In this retrospect, I would suggest you drop the entire we were not the most active legion and trying to make it seem as if it was a fact. Instead your posts would be met with much more discussion and meanwhile replies. I can only assume this is what you want, when you keep referencing this perceived slight against yourself as if all the "vets" are out to get you.
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

You seem to forget that the Krils did have at least 2 ships go rogue last game, one of which ended up on the Bors, thus we got some insight as to what was going on with he Krils. I also had the pleasure of chatting with one of the former kril LC's in Tara's shortly before we took them out of the game which pretty much confirmed when we had heard before. It's also not hard to make the connection when nearl half the map is painted one color. Furthermore, we do live in a world where staying connected with people is incredibly easy (facebook, skype, email ect) and friedns do talk to each other about how the game is going for them through outside means.

As for the rest of that last post, you don't know me, and you don't know how I think or what my intended purpose is when I say something. Everyone takes statements differently amd will interpret them in their own way, especially since everything is text based and we can't add tone of voice or body language to help get our points across, thus my comment about how people will add emotion to the posts based on their own mentality.

Either way, since this is obviously going nowhere and is turning into a pointless debate, and since I'm pretty sick of having others telling me what kind of person I am and how I feel, let's just agree to disagree and move on ok?