LC Target

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.
Demolition

LC Target

Post by Demolition »

So during combat every legion has calls. Thought it might be nice if the LC/VR could set target and then that target appears on the main computer page with an attack button

Could do the same for repairs for reppers. Should work nicely for when people are in a rush
Demolition

Re: LC Target

Post by Demolition »

Ecvej pointed out this is pretty similar to Zyphers idea here

The concept is the same, we both want an lc marked target. The difference being I wanted to just drop the name and a button on the main computer(home page) for easy log on, attack log out if you're in a rush, and also for last minute target calls as Zypher points out you don't have to worry about which one as there is only one target on the main page :)
Legion

Post by Legion »

Me likey :mrgreen:
2ice2bme

Post by 2ice2bme »

I dont support this.

Part of the strategy of the game, is processing sorting information fast sot/eot.

It was even worse with big fleets a decade ago (3 pages of targets to sort through).

1. What about decoys?
2. What about decoys with same points and health?
3. What about targets that are gainined points EOT and rapidly moving up/down the scan page?

and so on.

You are removing all of that from the game. All you are enabling is people to all fire at t-0:00:04. I dont support that. Part of the game is you might be on your phone, or on a dodgy comp/connection, and have to fire a bit early to make sure you get the hits in, etc.

I dont want that part removed
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

So make some alterations/limits on it.

Do you have another suggestion to handle the problem?
2ice2bme

Post by 2ice2bme »

Legion news, this is what it is for, people in a rush.

Set the target at the top of it, its what i do now.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Imo, its the LC/VRs job to process/sort information fast. All the lackies need to do is shoot the target they put the bullseye on.
1. What about decoys?
2. What about decoys with same points and health?
3. What about targets that are gainined points EOT and rapidly moving up/down the scan page?
When the LC chooses the target, it will show all ships with that name in the designated sector. fair? You still have to sort through the decoys The 3rd is a mute point, first time you attack the LC's target you just click the fire again 4 times and you're done.

As for the dodgy comp/connection. That will not change by streamlining the attack order. If your comp/connection sucks it will still suck, you just don't have to navigate to the enemy scan page to pick the target.

Its already pretty streamlined in that the first time you attack a target it just gives you the attack again button. Why not make it a bit easier?

Save the Legion news for move orders. I want things more streamlined and orderly.
2ice2bme

Post by 2ice2bme »

I dont use that button, still slower then backspace/mouse fire. Decent point though.

Fyi its "moot".

I hate long LN
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

I guess its a good thing I'm not going to college for a spelling major than. :P