Got an idea and its buzzin' through ma head!

Suggest and discuss new ideas or ways we can improve the game.
Anakin

Got an idea and its buzzin' through ma head!

Post by Anakin »

I know, I know... I`m old and I`d better say this quick, or else I darn forget it!!! Here it goes.. mind you that it only / should apply to me...

Introduction: I am somewhat a competitive fellow and I`d rather not play at all than play at less than full ticks per day. And I am unable to keep a 5 hours sleep a day pattern these current days, which leads to a very bad predicament: I`d rather sleep than play :)

My suggestion is this: Up the tick time to 4 hours... it will only drop from 8 ticks a day to 6 anyway and it`s not like there is a killer activity to begin with, but the sleep time can be extended from 5 hours to 7 (which is a nice regular sleeping schedule anyway - or should be).

I know, I know.. big change and possibly makes the game longer, but it might bring back old players... key word is might, since I am guesstimating based on my own needs and sleeping hours.

Throwing this in, just in case it`s real genius.. if it`s not... well... then it`s not.
Last edited by Anakin on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Re: Got an idea and its buzzin' through ma head!

Post by ecvej »

I wouldn't be opposed to giving 4 hour ticks a go one game.
chrisso909

Post by chrisso909 »

How about just extending the sleep tick instead of overall tick time...? I agree, i struggle to keep up during the night ticks too!
Anakin

Post by Anakin »

Even with a sleep tick, I would still have the same problem:

1. Set sleep tick = 3 hours
2. Go to sleep start of sleep tick
3. Wake up T -30 mins (kinda) for next one = still 5 hours and a half.

The only way to get more than 5 hour sleep is to miss 2 ticks minus the sleep one - which means move early before sleep tick, then sleep all the way to the one after sleep tick (6 hours +).

Example: I have turn 100 as my sleep turn; I go to sleep turn 99, sleep all the way until turn 101, late.

I, personally, am not excited at missing at least 2 turns per day, especially in a situation where I have to move early each time before a sleeping tick, then risk being early shooting target. I am willing to risk one full sleep turn + login late the next one (risking effectively only most of the early part of ONE turn(the one after the sleep turn), rather than a full late turn + most of an early one, over a 3 turns period (9 hours)).

It`s not the end of the world anyway, as I am not hell bent on changing the game or the turn duration, but I won`t play neither. And I am no longer willing to sacrifice my sleep for a game; nor am I willing to risk losing my ship because "I was not there". I was only putting forward an idea I had, just in case sleep is the major problem for this game :)

[EDIT]And increasing sleep turn means, at the very least, setting 2 of them, unless I`m missing something. Imagine a carrier parked in a blob fight, invincible for 2 turns... really fun sight for the enemy, I`d guess :)
chrisso909

Post by chrisso909 »

You may hav misunderstood my previous post, i meant make the sleep tick two ticks long..?

** and this is what happens when you dont read the post, my apologies for this!!!**