Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

General forum for chat and banter.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Re: Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

Post by ecvej »

Please can people have a look at the new ship page. Does anything look wrong? e.g. wrong description under the wrong ship. Wrong stats etc.
Guderian

Post by Guderian »

The Bor Bomber and Golden Eagle look to have identical components...
Zypher
Administrator

Post by Zypher »

looks good to me now. btw i was always wondering is there a difference between heavy, medium, and light (fighters or bombers)
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Guderian wrote:The Bor Bomber and Golden Eagle look to have identical components...
Good eyes Gud. I'll have a look at the code backup I took in 2004 to see if it's always been like that (it's like that on the wiki). If it has always been like that I'll remove the reference to bombs in the fighter.

@Zypher I presume they impact on whether a ship has more speed or guns.
Zypher
Administrator

Post by Zypher »

hmm thx ill take a look.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Guderian wrote:One point regarding the autopilot thing is that it's not entirely clear as to whether the tick you select is the tick you will be hypering or the tick you will be arriving. Although, thinking about it, it does seem obvious. Basically though I don't think the explanation is entirely clear..
Auto pilot should be available to test now. Let me know if you want me to change any of the wording. You can't set it for the current tick, must be a future tick. An example of how it can work:

It's currently tick 1 and I'm in PK. I decide I want to jump to SS this tick and will arrive SOT 2. Tick 2 I want to jump to roids but I'm going to be afk. Therefore, during tick 1 I set my autopilot to jump to roids during tick 2. This will, of course, only work if I make it to a roids adjacent sector in time. If I'm not in the right place or don't have enough moves, my autopilot will not activate in tick 2. The auto pilot jumps early (t-30), which is the price you pay for using it.

Sleep tick can also be tested during beta ticks so would be grateful for any feedback.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Ship stats page updated to include the ship blurb as well as the usual stats.
SpiderWolve

Post by SpiderWolve »

I still think we could use an e-mail being shot out at this point :p
Guderian

Post by Guderian »

I don't think it would hurt to send a proper email out as long as it stresses that this time it really is a 'beta' and that there will definitely be bugs and missing features. I don't know the capacity of your server though; I anticipate hundreds of thousands rushing to sign up...
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Problem is the code isn't secure in some places which is fine for a trusted few players that we all know pretty well. If we open it up to a big group odds are they'll be some idiot in there who'll cause havoc.

Now that there are people watching me I'm putting a lot of time into v2 so I'm sure we can send an announcement out April ish.