The big thread of things that are wrong

Report bugs and errors found in the game.
calundra
Developer / Administrator

Re: The big thread of things that are wrong

Post by calundra »

In the drop down menu below the main menu on the left there are some options missing.

1. Pickups
2. Comms (inbox/outbox and taunt)
3. Trivia rankings

I've been using my iPhone to play and there are a few things that don't work to well.

1. Navcom (no java or flash so I can't get a map, but the map on the old TVS worked just fine)
2. Anything else that uses java (one of the ranking pages uses it where I wouldn't have thought it was necessary)
3. Current location / moves / hitpoints / score bar doesn't move so it seems to always cover the legion news which makes it very hard to read at times.
4. The way scrolling works in both comms and legion news means that you can only ever read the first few lines and the first 8 comms unless you delete them. While these was a problem with this in the old TVS too it wasn't as bad because you could scroll it was just a lot of faff.

Basically I think we need a mobile version, one that is designed to work well on the iPhone and other phones with larger screens.
SpiderWolve

Post by SpiderWolve »

calundra wrote:In the drop down menu below the main menu on the left there are some options missing.

1. Pickups
2. Comms (inbox/outbox and taunt)
3. Trivia rankings

I've been using my iPhone to play and there are a few things that don't work to well.

1. Navcom (no java or flash so I can't get a map, but the map on the old TVS worked just fine)
2. Anything else that uses java (one of the ranking pages uses it where I wouldn't have thought it was necessary)
3. Current location / moves / hitpoints / score bar doesn't move so it seems to always cover the legion news which makes it very hard to read at times.
4. The way scrolling works in both comms and legion news means that you can only ever read the first few lines and the first 8 comms unless you delete them. While these was a problem with this in the old TVS too it wasn't as bad because you could scroll it was just a lot of faff.

Basically I think we need a mobile version, one that is designed to work well on the iPhone and other phones with larger screens.

A working app for droid/iphone would be nice. Not sure how out of reach that would be.
Guderian

Post by Guderian »

When I shot Leonidis, leveling up to level 2, it told me the target was destroyed. He was not destroyed. I did 15 damage and he still has 7k hp remaining.
Guderian

Post by Guderian »

Err, also the same thing with the other 4 moves this tick...
iceblink

Post by iceblink »

Keep trying, I'm sure you will kill him at some point :-D
Lethal2Trash

Post by Lethal2Trash »

Homebase status: Destroyed <-- when rogued. Also I was able to go rogue in my first tick.

I forgot my password and tried to push the word: 'link' when I got the error message but it wasn't a link. I had to go to the forum and make another faulty login try to get to the 'forgot my password' page. Could we highlight the word: 'link' and make it redirect to the 'forgot my password' page? I'm not sure if this belongs in the new features.
Lethal2Trash

Post by Lethal2Trash »

Where do I change my password? I used to be able to change it in the Account but all I have there are the rogue option, the sleep tick and the vac mode.
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Hi Lethal

I changed the error message to have a link to the forgot password page. Good idea, thanks.

You change your password via the forum control panel.
Lethal2Trash

Post by Lethal2Trash »

Btw how come I became a Tib when I signed up just now? They lead big so I should've been assigned to another legion, yes?
Lethal2Trash

Post by Lethal2Trash »

Oh, and thank you so much for your quick response, ecvej :) And thank you for your message (sorry I didn't see it earlier) about the Christmas card :D