Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

General forum for chat and banter.
Zypher
Administrator

Re: Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

Post by Zypher »

for sure ecvej :D and bossk that was fun, having the Cloaked Raptors Chasing me around it was so freaking when i realised what was really happening... LOL
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Just a quick message for the new testers joining us so that you know what the game changes are in advance of picking your ships etc. The main point to note is the game isn't finished yet!!! Don't expect all the features to work / exist :P

What we're currently working on is writing a more efficient version of the code that's easier for cal and I to maintain. There haven't been any complete game dynamic changes at this stage but we are investing in making the code faster and simpler for us to put in game changes after the proper launch in a few months time.

There have, of course, been some changes made as we've been coding. The key ones are below:
  • If you're wondering how many moves it takes to hyper/cloak/etc or what the scrap limit is, this link is a live version of the game settings.
  • Cloakers can now hyper cloaked.
  • There's an auto pilot for hypering ticks you can't make.
  • Rankings search has key words, e.g. jax, bor, kril, tib
  • Map is interactive - click the sector you want to hyper to.
  • LC scans are currently galactic wide.
  • VCs replaced with a council to spread the burden.
  • Bombers currently working off the old scoring system of 100 points x level when bombing.
  • Game update (PDS etc) is now during the first minute - i.e. you can shoot etc in the last minute.
I'm creating a more complete list of changes here which will be added to as we progress to the proper launch game in a few months time.
Fwiffo

Post by Fwiffo »

Nice job changing it so that you can repair bases. One of my least favorite parts of the game was how often it would come down to bombing NAPs. Hopefully that'll go a little ways toward fixing it.
Zypher
Administrator

Post by Zypher »

i think the biggest change was the cloaked hypering, i found that out the hard way on the first Frantic :D
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Fwiffo wrote:Nice job changing it so that you can repair bases. One of my least favorite parts of the game was how often it would come down to bombing NAPs. Hopefully that'll go a little ways toward fixing it.
Amazed someone read all the way through to the bottom :)
Zypher
Administrator

Post by Zypher »

anyone remember back like beta 12 where bors were HUGE in lead, they came in and we *krils* pushed them out. i had a full rep carrier and repped the HW for like 125k or something they jump back and go WTF? HEHE i just sit in taras and post my logs :D
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

So what do you guys want me to work on next? Cal is working on a mobile version of the site. The things I can think of are:

TVS Alarm / statschecker
Android App
WAP
LC Comms
Something else?

Let me know which one of the above you'd find most useful and I'll do that first.
dixi

Post by dixi »

Android App
Seraphim

Post by Seraphim »

Android App :P

Also I like the Hyper 3 move price. \o/ - Just wanted to say that :P
SpiderWolve

Post by SpiderWolve »