kandaar (ZzZz) Ajaxian 2 6,888 3383/4000 Blue Bird Bomber 30

Then:

mgblst267* (ZzZz)

Online while in sleep tick?

Wait...

::Ships leaving your sector::
Pilot Legion Level Score Hitpoints Ship
Avalen Ajaxian 2 4,859 3157/4000

.. wasnt he in sleep tick THIS TICK too?

4 Ajaxians cheating, how sad are you guys?
kandaar

Re: How very depressing.

Post by kandaar »

Ok, here's the skinny.
The sleep tick jumping has been around for ever. It has been used by uncounted number of people.

IF YOU FEEL THIS INDEED IS A MISUSE OF A BUG, GET A HOLD OF THE DEVS AND HAVE IT LOOKED AT!

Now, should we call whoever it was that jumped into apollo and then hit sleeptick, thus giving you scans without us having the chance of removing said bomber a cheater as well?

Did you hear us go into a whining binge? Or did we just get on with the game?

Have a bisquit and a tissue.
My Nose runs, and my Feet smell.... Guess I'm built backwards
Britnoth

Post by Britnoth »

"The sleep tick jumping has been around for ever. It has been used by uncounted number of people."

Yet when I reported it as a bug, it was taken as such and Calundra started fixing it 12 hours later.

'its perfectly fine, everyone does it' is the oldest excuse for cheating in the book. At least be original.

Everyone knows you are not supposed to be able to take any action during the sleep tick. Intentionally circumventing the intended rules of the game, for your own benefit, is 100% cheating. 4 people is what, half your active blob? Thats organised cheating.

"Now, should we call whoever it was that jumped into apollo and then hit sleeptick, thus giving you scans without us having the chance of removing said bomber a cheater as well?"

No, as that is what the sleep tick is used for - not being shot while not being able to shoot back. Twive now I have followed someone as they jumped out, and then been met with them in sleep tick and unable to shoot them. Difference is, the tib bomber i chased DID NOT CHEAT by circumventing the rules to jump out during that same tick, while the jax bomber did.

PS, if you bother to look, you dont need any ship in the sector for basic scans, so your whiney argument to distract from your gross cheating is even less valid.
Fwiffo

Post by Fwiffo »

The auto-pilot jumps were set 4 turns in advance. Even if you were to accept that sleep tick AP jumping were cheating, it would be a pain for people to remember which tick is their sleep tick and avoid putting the jump in for that turn.

I can assure you that no one thought, "hey, next tick is my sleep tick, better auto-jump for this one". Everyone just put the whole list of auto-jumps in long earlier when they were ordered to.

I find it quite annoying that it happens as well though, so hopefully the admins will get around to fixing it.
kandaar

Post by kandaar »

Great ignore the real beef and go for the jugular instead... good work.

My point was: A bomber jumped into a sector KNOWN (you just said the scans showed the number of enemies), and went into sleep tick, thus gaining immunity....

You think that is ok??? Sure he can't shoot, but he also can't be shot at...

you can eat your cake, or save it... not both.
If the sleep tick is in effect, shouldn't the bomber be in limbo? Instead of just untouchable?
You don't thin the advantage gained in exact scans and the ability to filter them is unfair? Heck, then why even have decoys? and fog-of-war?

what is the point of those units then?
My Nose runs, and my Feet smell.... Guess I'm built backwards
Britnoth

Post by Britnoth »

"You think that is ok??? Sure he can't shoot, but he also can't be shot at... "

That is how sleep tick is supposed to work.

"If the sleep tick is in effect, shouldn't the bomber be in limbo? Instead of just untouchable?"

He isnt untouchable, he IS in limbo. you cant shoot him, he cant move. limbo. Untouchable is when you get an invul pickup. Scans are UNNAFFECTED, and this is how it was intended to work.

Are you really this dense or just trying to bitch at something totally unrelated, and complaining about why sleep tick is in (that is a game development issue, nothing to do with what this post is concerning) to distract from your cheating?

"I can assure you that no one thought, "hey, next tick is my sleep tick, better auto-jump for this one"."

I can assure you that is exactly what happened. Sleep tick can only be set manually. Auto Pilot can only be set manually. Anyone using sleep tick must know what tick to set it to, and anyone using autopilot will know the time they will auto-pilot jump to a new sector. There is no way you can 'accidentally' abuse this bug multiple times.

Really, such a small group of people here and we still have this issue? :/
Fwiffo

Post by Fwiffo »

"I can assure you that is exactly what happened. Sleep tick can only be set manually. Auto Pilot can only be set manually. Anyone using sleep tick must know what tick to set it to, and anyone using autopilot will know the time they will auto-pilot jump to a new sector. There is no way you can 'accidentally' abuse this bug multiple times.

Really, such a small group of people here and we still have this issue? :/"

People know what "time" their sleep tick is set to. They don't know what the next turn number their sleep tick is set to. Seriously Britnoth, half of the current pilot population has jumped during their sleep tick in the last several games. Probably almost all of the people that actually use sleep ticks. People follow orders when they're told to put their auto-pilot jumps in and I haven't heard of a single person actively AVOID putting an auto-jump in due to knowing it would be their sleep tick.

If a legion were jumping around normally without auto-pilot orders and someone noticed their sleep tick were coming up and decided to put an auto-jump of their own in to make use of the sleep tick, I would actually agree with you. That's pretty slimy. But that's not what is happening.

This is a problem the admins need to fix, it isn't something people know inherently not to do or can be reasonably expected to avoid (like the free attack repeat attack, and people even abused that forever -_-).
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Cal said last night she'd sorted this so it shouldn't be an issue from about 24 hours onwards when any currently set APs expire.
Britnoth

Post by Britnoth »

This is obviously, and is reported as, a bug.

Just because the admins are yet to fix it, does not mean it is okay to abuse it.

Also, if its just using auto pilot, how is it we are seeing other Ajaxians LOGGING ON during sleep tick, and in my case, disabling sleep tick that same turn? Hmm?

"Britnoth, half of the current pilot population has jumped during their sleep tick in the last several games."

I have yet to see any Bor do this, and would have told them to stop if I had. 'everyone does it' is no excuse, and im sick of hearing it.
Fwiffo

Post by Fwiffo »

Britnoth wrote:Also, if its just using auto pilot, how is it we are seeing other Ajaxians LOGGING ON during sleep tick, and in my case, disabling sleep tick that same turn? Hmm?
You've always been able to log on during your sleep tick. You simply can't take any actions during it. Being able to disable it on the turn that it's on is definitely a bug though, I hadn't heard about that.

Apparently you don't even know what's going on. Yes, it was simply people setting their auto-pilot (often many turns in advance) and it doing the jumps for them.
I have yet to see any Bor do this, and would have told them to stop if I had. 'everyone does it' is no excuse, and im sick of hearing it.
The reason I posted that was to show how easy it is to hyper during your sleep tick, and how people are not doing it to cheat at the game. They're simply following auto-pilot plans as put forth by their LCs.

Great to see the fix incoming though. Now if only you would abolish sleep ticks entirely, I'd be happy. :P