General forum for chat and banter.
Nelly

Re: Testing frantic / beta discussion thread

Post by Nelly »

Agree with arch on this one.
valdano

Post by valdano »

agree too on scans part, no more surprises ;)
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Full scans makes testing things easier so they'll be staying for a while. Not sure about the future though, open to ideas in the new features forum.
Clementus

Post by Clementus »

Quite possibly i am being stupid but is there a reason why it wouldnt be possible to have the game "open" prior to Turn 1. So you can choose ship.. chat with others in your legion etc. Ofcourse have 0 moves but maybe be able to change your ship at will so the legion amongst them can "ensure" a balance. I know part of the fun is the randomness of what ships you have but being able to chat about who has what could be fun? IF the idea for rogues being able to buy or change new ships this might be a simple enough change from then.

Maybe even if you have 0 points you could change ship for 5 points at any time in the game? :P Sorry.. lots in one bit.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

Sometimes we open the game early in paused mode - think comms work during that period!?! What I was thinking of doing was showing your legion ship distribution on the ship choice page rather than allow people to change their ship prior to tick 1.
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

PS I managed to remember to put some special gates in so testing them is something to do in the new beta.
Clementus

Post by Clementus »

Yeah that works Ec, so you can see the balance. Just know there has been a few where having 0 reppers on a "team". I still like the idea of being able to swap ships :) but you're the poor sod who has to code it!
Fwiffo

Post by Fwiffo »

I'd like swapping ships, so we can tell all the fools to get a cloaker!
Nelly

Post by Nelly »

Swapping ships is brilliant but we would have to seriously think about what the point cost would be to do so, making it available but not the done thing (stops everyone getting bombers when raiding planets).
Fwiffo

Post by Fwiffo »

Yeah, that kind of swapping isn't good at all. Pre-game or 0 points swapping though would be great.