Asteroid damage?

General forum for chat and banter.

What is the MAXIMUM damage do you think should be taken when attacking (or repairing) in 'roids?

Damage dealt times your current level. E.g. 100 damage dealt by a level 5 results in max 500 damage received.
27%
Damage dealt times your current level divided by your targets level. E.g. 100 damage dealt by a level 5 shooting a level 3 results in max 167 damage received.
45%
10% of the damage dealt. E.g. 100 damage dealt results in max 10 damage received.
No votes
50% of the damage dealt. E.g. 100 damage dealt results in max 50 damage received.
No votes
100% of the damage dealt. E.g. 100 damage dealt results in max 100 damage received.
18%
200% of the damage dealt. E.g. 100 damage dealt results in max 200 damage received.
9%

Total votes: 11

calundra
Developer / Administrator

Asteroid damage?

Post by calundra »

Been thinking about damage taken when attacking (and repairing) in 'roids. Please vote on what you think is right. Please assume the minimum possible is always 0 damage received. Please note that it will be affected by piloting skill, this is for the maximum you'd expect. Feel free to suggest other options and I'll add them if they are workable.
ecvej

Re: Asteroid damage?

Post by ecvej »

A lot of these are really high. For reference, so we can consider the choices better, what do you think is wrong with the current system? I like the randomness aspect in the current system but the above are all set formulas (granted they are based on damage which is randomish).
SpiderWolve

Post by SpiderWolve »

I will debate and vote on this when I'm more sober.
calundra

Post by calundra »

ecvej wrote:A lot of these are really high. For reference, so we can consider the choices better, what do you think is wrong with the current system? I like the randomness aspect in the current system but the above are all set formulas (granted they are based on damage which is randomish).
One of those is the current system, which is too high in my opinion. I actually thought one of those was way too low.
calundra

Post by calundra »

I probably should have gone with "Is Asteroid damage taken when shooting too high?" Yes / No
ecvej

Post by ecvej »

calundra wrote:One of those is the current system, which is too high in my opinion. I actually thought one of those was way too low.
Well half the variables from one of them ;) I'm happy with how it is, nice surprise for bunniers / people with high combat. If needs to be changed then I reckon base it off the PDS formula but a bit higher.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Cristiana one shotting themself lol ;) That will teach a level 5 to shoot a level 3 om the asteroid fields.

ecvej wrote:
calundra wrote:One of those is the current system, which is too high in my opinion. I actually thought one of those was way too low.
Well half the variables from one of them ;) I'm happy with how it is, nice surprise for bunniers / people with high combat. If needs to be changed then I reckon base it off the PDS formula but a bit higher.
calundra

Post by calundra »

Jimbo wrote:Cristiana one shotting themself lol ;) That will teach a level 5 to shoot a level 3 om the asteroid fields.
Glad you enjoyed being the guinea pig in the experiment.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

totally worth it :)
chrisso909

Post by chrisso909 »

This is an interesting one, just been talking about it with a fellow fighter/enemy fighter in fact, we think if you make damage too high it would causse the ROIDS to become a pretty undesireable sector to be in and therefore cause it to be a sector to retreat to.....(not really what we would call worth it and a waste of a nice sector to go to).

I think in theory, if we put it into a real world situation, (as real as a space fighting scenario gets), surely the higher your level, the more experienced yo uare as a player and therefore the more skilled you'd be at dodging asteroids...?

Therefore none of the above options cater for the higher the level, the less damage you are e.g. 100 damage dealt results in in max (100/current skill level) received.

Just a suggestion

Cheers

Chrisso

p.s: how about increas in scrap levels depending on it as well? :-D