Asteroid damage?

General forum for chat and banter.

What is the MAXIMUM damage do you think should be taken when attacking (or repairing) in 'roids?

Damage dealt times your current level. E.g. 100 damage dealt by a level 5 results in max 500 damage received.
27%
Damage dealt times your current level divided by your targets level. E.g. 100 damage dealt by a level 5 shooting a level 3 results in max 167 damage received.
45%
10% of the damage dealt. E.g. 100 damage dealt results in max 10 damage received.
No votes
50% of the damage dealt. E.g. 100 damage dealt results in max 50 damage received.
No votes
100% of the damage dealt. E.g. 100 damage dealt results in max 100 damage received.
18%
200% of the damage dealt. E.g. 100 damage dealt results in max 200 damage received.
9%

Total votes: 11

calundra
Developer / Administrator

Re: Asteroid damage?

Post by calundra »

chrisso909 wrote:This is an interesting one, just been talking about it with a fellow fighter/enemy fighter in fact, we think if you make damage too high it would causse the ROIDS to become a pretty undesireable sector to be in and therefore cause it to be a sector to retreat to.....(not really what we would call worth it and a waste of a nice sector to go to).

I think in theory, if we put it into a real world situation, (as real as a space fighting scenario gets), surely the higher your level, the more experienced yo uare as a player and therefore the more skilled you'd be at dodging asteroids...?

Therefore none of the above options cater for the higher the level, the less damage you are e.g. 100 damage dealt results in in max (100/current skill level) received.

p.s: how about increas in scrap levels depending on it as well? :-D
Interesting, I sort of like the idea but I think your example needs tuning.

There is just one thing that confuses me, "we think if you make damage too high it would cause the ROIDS to become a pretty undesireable sector to be in". Where did I say anything about making it higher than it is now?
chrisso909

Post by chrisso909 »

Cool, glad you like the idea, of course it was just a quick example of what you could do :-)

Yeah I didnt read how I worded it before sending the message. What I mean is, if damage is too high then surely no-one will ever want to shoot in roids..or is the worse case option, highest damage option how it is at the moment? (Im still relatively new even though I've been a member for years :D)
iceblink

Post by iceblink »

chrisso909 wrote:I think in theory, if we put it into a real world situation, (as real as a space fighting scenario gets), surely the higher your level, the more experienced yo uare as a player and therefore the more skilled you'd be at dodging asteroids...?
In reality it would be: the bigger the ship, and the less piloting, the more damage it would receive.

But i think multiplying by level is a bit too extreme, so i voted for the 200%