General forum for chat and banter.
Pharaoh

Now that we have led the bors into a false sense of security

Post by Pharaoh »

I think you will find that Ajaxus is a FULLY ARMED Battlestation. MUAHAHAHA
SixStringTiger

Re: Now that we have led the bors into a false sense of secu

Post by SixStringTiger »

i see that you have under estimated this battlestation :) for it was I who blew it up :)
clobqueen

Post by clobqueen »

I've never seen a bor win before, so congrats on showing me that yellow is sometimes the best :)
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

This beta was a good example of what happens when a legion is mostly active and follows the plan. Of course it might have been a different story if the other legions had decided to band together and fight us head on instead of running away the second we showed signs of heading home :p

And Pharaoh, you might want to hire a different person to install your weapons systems for the next battle station you build. Shooting teddy bears as cruisers just doesn't cut it ^.-
Islander

Post by Islander »

I think it was more of an example when one legion manages to get almost all the actives while the rest get only a couple. Possibly one of the most dominant wins I think, did the bors even lose a battle in this one? Wait, was a battle even fought in this one? :P
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

We only had 12 ships total until about turn 50, and of those, only about 7-9 were consistantly active. Even then a lot would miss at least a tick. If any other legion had actually fought us early on before we took down Tibrar, or had stuck around when we went back to Boraxus afterward when you all had more than enough firepower to take some of us down then we could have been taken down quite effectively. Instead, everyone else decided to avoid us most of the game. Hell, not a single legion even bothered to put up a real defense when we went after their planet lol
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

Unfortunately just a few ships is a strong blob nowadays :P
Avalen

Post by Avalen »

Aftermath wrote:We only had 12 ships total until about turn 50, and of those, only about 7-9 were consistantly active. Even then a lot would miss at least a tick
Thats more than the Jax had the entire game, we were lucky if it was only 4 missing 1 tick a day. Krill had similiar activity level as us i think but tibs looked very inactive. Bors had it won by tick 100, yet it still took you lot another 100 ticks to actually get it done :P
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

Avalen wrote:
Aftermath wrote:We only had 12 ships total until about turn 50, and of those, only about 7-9 were consistantly active. Even then a lot would miss at least a tick
Thats more than the Jax had the entire game, we were lucky if it was only 4 missing 1 tick a day. Krill had similiar activity level as us i think but tibs looked very inactive. Bors had it won by tick 100, yet it still took you lot another 100 ticks to actually get it done :P
Every legion had the problem of most of their ships missing a tick or two. Even our most active players missed a couple here and there. Fact is, you all still could have taken us down easily in a head on fight even without a NAP because let's face it, if we were in a sector with a bunch of Jax and Krils you both would have targeted us first, but instead everyone decided to keep running so as to not risk their ships. My point remains valid, as long as a legion stays mostly active and works together for the benefit of the group as a whole instead of working independently, then the legion will stand a much better chance at winning. Blaming your loss and our success on inactivity comes off as being a sore loser.

And yes, we did have the game pretty much in the bag pretty early, and would have had it finished a lot sooner if you all had grown some backbones and come after us instead of waiting till we left our HW so you could bomb it then run the second we showed signs of coming back, thus forcing us to hang around till it was healthy again :p
archit

Post by archit »

Aftermath wrote:
Avalen wrote:
Every legion had the problem of most of their ships missing a tick or two. Even our most active players missed a couple here and there. Fact is, you all still could have taken us down easily in a head on fight even without a NAP because let's face it, if we were in a sector with a bunch of Jax and Krils you both would have targeted us first, but instead everyone decided to keep running so as to not risk their ships. My point remains valid, as long as a legion stays mostly active and works together for the benefit of the group as a whole instead of working independently, then the legion will stand a much better chance at winning. Blaming your loss and our success on inactivity comes off as being a sore loser.

And yes, we did have the game pretty much in the bag pretty early, and would have had it finished a lot sooner if you all had grown some backbones and come after us instead of waiting till we left our HW so you could bomb it then run the second we showed signs of coming back, thus forcing us to hang around till it was healthy again :p
This post makes no sense, the logic is all flawed. ;)
First saying you would have lost if players stayed and fought, then saying would have won it much earlier if people grew backbones instead of running. ;)

Anyways... Just came on to see if another game was in the works.