Dirty Bombers

General forum for chat and banter.
Clementus

Dirty Bombers

Post by Clementus »

Anychance we could check up on the bonus points for bombers or damage they do to other ships. I'd say either the points they get to be reduced to 80% of the current or they are weaker vs other ships (80% damage might be a starter for 10).

It is fairly obvious from the last few games that bombers rule the charts and with less people playing it is more and more possible to bomb homeworlds without too much interruption :( With the points you gain its nice and simple to level up with little to no risk.
Demolition

Re: Dirty Bombers

Post by Demolition »

Actually at present I am more include to suggest we reduce the bonus points when bombing planets and make it so most of your points when bombing are based on how much actual dmg you do to the planet. This means that a lvl 1 bomber doing 20 points is going to take forever leveling off a planet and meanwhile take some nasty hits from the planet for that minimal gain. This to me seems like a good start to making bombers less then ideal for everyone to play.
Fwiffo

Post by Fwiffo »

Changing that up is apparently already on the cards, just need to wait for it to get done.

Should be noted that I think bombing damage is bugged as well. We had a full piloting cruiser last beta do 5k damage to the planet in one turn. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember any of my 30-30 cruisers ever being anywhere near that good.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

My 40-20 cruiser did about 4k last tick on PK
TumNarDok

Post by TumNarDok »

For a frantic thats likely ok.
Cause you want to end it sometimes and not play in a neverending stalemate.

Did not think my bomber did too much damage on ships being high piloting and all.
Except that one tick with high damage when almost killing some of same level.
Islander

Post by Islander »

I also think bombers should get a penalty when attacking fighters (say with Clem's idea of 80% damage) but they should also get a premium for attacking planets (eg. 120% damage). Experience should then be based on damage done -- bombers do more damage and get more xp bombing, fighters do more damage and get more xp shooting ships. The hard part is how to limit bombers but make them still playable in the game.

I was near full piloting during last frantic (45-15) but never got a full round off on Tibrar. But on hit and runs I did manage some 800-900k damage.
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

please remind me what reppers get bonuses for?? is it just repping ships with enemy ships in same sector?? they don't get bonuses for repping hw right?? i know we have moved off the bomber subject here...
bombers - bonus points for hitting hw
reppers - bonus points for repping hw / repping ships
fighters - bonus points for hitting ships
cloakers - they just same as fighters when dealing with bonus points???
Is it just me or do bombers level up a hell of a lot quicker than other ships? i might just be imagining it...
Fwiffo

Post by Fwiffo »

Bombers are just leveling faster because of the temporary bombing point system. They were pretty well balanced under the old system I thought, which we'll hopefully be going back to.

Fighters were getting extra bonus points for shooting ships that cloakers weren't, don't know if that's been brought over or not though. That was their advantage over cloakers/bombers, along with the extra stat points.