Rogue

General forum for chat and banter.
kidlat

Rogue

Post by kidlat »

I would like to play the next game as Rogue to test how well I can do on my own, but was wondering how to do that given I cant see a Rogue button this game.

Also what are the pro points being Rogue? I know there is no maps, no friends, but there must be at least one benefit being Rogue.
Demolition

Re: Rogue

Post by Demolition »

kidlat wrote:I would like to play the next game as Rogue to test how well I can do on my own, but was wondering how to do that given I cant see a Rogue button this game.

Also what are the pro points being Rogue? I know there is no maps, no friends, but there must be at least one benefit being Rogue.
After turn 40 you can find the rogue button on the account page. And the point of going rogue is to try and switch legions. Not to play solo.
kidlat

Post by kidlat »

Im sure thats one reason to go Rogue, but I like the idea of having at least one game of going it alone for as long as possible before Im captured and put into a shadow vessel...(B5 reference)
Arch

Post by Arch »

You have more targets to shoot :P
kidlat

Post by kidlat »

I like a Pilot who thinks of the positives...
ecvej
Developer / Administrator

Post by ecvej »

No spam! (unless you get lots of taunts)
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

kidlat wrote:I like a Pilot who thinks of the positives...
Stop drinking on the job Mr Geribali!(cant rem exact spelling)
kidlat

Post by kidlat »

I can live with taunts... but will I survive with no in- fighting over comms or no LN?
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

kidlat wrote:I can live with taunts... but will I survive with no in- fighting over comms or no LN?
You'll be missing scans and a blob in general, easy picking if you hyper into any blob at all. There really is no point in going rogue in this game except to change colors.
iceblink

Post by iceblink »

Reminds me of Scartissue who one round flew under a new name, rogued, and at one point had the entire galaxy chasing him. But we couldn't kill him, because he was too good at predicting our moves, and he knew all about the special gates schemes. Mind you, in those days rogues did not see colours on the map.